Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autotap & EFILive

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Autotap & EFILive

I have both the Autotap and EFILive V2. can I use the autotap to scan with the efilive software or vice versa, can I use the EFILive flashscan cable with the autotap software?

EFILive software will scan/log with the AutoTap cable, but you must have a license (available for free).

Please see posts #14 1nd #15 below .
    Last edited by joecar; March 8th, 2011 at 01:31 PM.

How do I aquire this license?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    EFILive software will scan/log with the AutoTap cable, but you must have a license (available for free).
    Just to correct this. If you only have an AutoTap cable and are not an owner of the EFILive V5 or EFILive V6 software then there is no software license available at no cost; in fact there isn't a software only license that can be purchased. There was this option on initial release of FlashScan V1. We later reduced the cost of the V1 products markedly and at that time the software only option was dropped (basically was the same price as the product that included the interface).

Quote Originally Posted by s10mods
    I have both the Autotap and EFILive V2. can I use the autotap to scan with the efilive software or vice versa, can I use the EFILive flashscan cable with the autotap software?
    By EFILive V2 do you mean you have the FlashScan V2 product also? If so then provided the AutoTap interface is an "AT1/AT123 V1", "AT1/AT123 V2" or "ATUSB V3" you should be able to use it for scanning in the version 7 software.

The FlashScan V2 (and V1) interfaces are proprietary and can only be used by the EFILive software products.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I pm'd Tech Support.

Thanks

To revive an old thread with the same question real quick,just want to get is straight.
    I own EFILive V2 commercial,and I've also owned Atap for a couple years with enhanced GM/Ford coverage.
    I can PM Tech support and get a license (Free since I own both) to use the EFILive scan/log software with the Autotap cable.

Man,I really liked the scantool abilities of the EFILive but hated lugging it all around with all my other cables (TCII) to scan a car at work (Ford tech)
    Atap is lacking but i'm more used to it and it's a tiny bit more compact.
    Couldn't begin to explain how great it would be to use the EFILive scantool with my Atap cable.

So do I need to send my registration numbers for EFILive and Autotap to tech support or ?
    I can get my Atap reg from my saved email or Atap version info I guess.
    Will have to dig out reg for EFI though,haven't used it for awhile (still haven't tuned with it yet).
    Installing on my new laptop now,will have to get better acquianted with it.

Thanks alot guy's,this makes my week for sure!

If you already own FlashScan V2 then I'm not following what you might expect to achieve by using the AutoTap interface with the V7.5 Scan Tool (which you should already be able to do BTW)? You are not going to be able to scan older OBDI or Ford vehicles using the V7.5 Scan Tool if that is what you are envisaging?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

No,it's simply a convienence for me.
    I work at a dealership and do driveability all day long.
    Sometimes when trade's,auctions or other makes come in i'll take a look at them.
    Our scantools are great for one thing-FoMoCo products.
    I have many scanners and laptop based programs of my own,and I have a second laptop bag for all the cables/boxes.
    So space in my actual laptop bag is limited,specially since I keep a multimeter in there with it and other stuff.
    So the smaller the package,the better.
    Hate lugging around all the stuff all day,it stays at home and I only carry my laptop bag.
    I'm actually buying yet another scanner tomorrow specifically for OBDI lol,funny you should mention it.
    Been shopping for a tech 1a,have to settle for a snapon unit.

And you say I should already be able to do it?
    Just plug and play with no software license needed?
    I have a general inquiry drafted with both my reg key's ready to send.
    I can just wait and try it on a car tomorrow though,just downloaded the V7 software again and registered it.

The AutoTap cable is more compact than FSV2.

You will need to request a V7 software license for your AutoTap hardware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast