Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autotap & EFILive

Okay,tried it out today and it works great-even the bi-directional controls.
    This will really help me out,EFILive scantool is alot better than the Atap software.
    It did ask me to register the new device but recognized it just fine as ATUSB3 something.

I tried to put in the last registration key I got for Atap,didn't work of course.
    Where do I request the software license?
    Just send a note to sales/general inquiry or Atap or here?

I will say one thing I never have like much about the Atap and the EFIlive is all the info you have to input to get it going.
    GM's will bring the VIN up automatically on Atap,but no others.
    These are the only scantools I own (out of about 7-8 laptop and handheld I personally own) that will not automatically recognize the VIN.
    I haven't memorized all the controllers yet,so that part is really annoying.
    Otherwise,this is an awesome tool and I thank you guy's for making it available to use with the Atap interface.

Unless you had purchased the AutoTap cable and also purchased EFILive V5/V6 Professional back in the day you wouldn't be eligible for a free license of V7 actually. The EFILive software is not a giveaway

To your benefit as you have FlashScan V2 you already have the full (registered) install of the V7.5 software.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

So I can't use it? (though it hooks up/works just fine..?)
    Or I can't get software key or ?

Sorry i'm a bit slow.
    From what I'm understanding (contrary to post #2 above)
    There is no license available for using scantool with Atap unless you were a customer long time ago and bought the old stuff?
    I bought Atap and have been using it since about 2006 I think,bought it with GM enhanced and upgraded to Ford enhanced also.
    In 2009 I purchased Efilive Flash/scan/tune V2 commercial software package.
    There is no license available to me? only if I had purchased the older software version?

Does this mean just continue using it without a software license since it works,or that I don't need one or I need to purchase one?
    If I need to purchase something give me a part number.
    Not sure where the free software giveaway is coming in,you guy's have got well over $1k bucks from me for software/hardware.
    I just want to make them work together,what do I need and is it available for me or not?

Quote Originally Posted by playtoy_18
    So I can't use it? (though it hooks up/works just fine..?)
    Or I can't get software key or ?
    Yup, you can choose to use the AutoTap interface with the software you own (as part of your FlashScan V2 purchase)

Sorry i'm a bit slow.
    From what I'm understanding (contrary to post #2 above)
    There is no license available for using scantool with Atap unless you were a customer long time ago and bought the old stuff?
    I bought Atap and have been using it since about 2006 I think,bought it with GM enhanced and upgraded to Ford enhanced also.
    In 2009 I purchased Efilive Flash/scan/tune V2 commercial software package.
    There is no license available to me? only if I had purchased the older software version?
    Post #2 is incorrect I'm afraid. The software is not free, it is provided as part of an EFILive product purchase. Ongoing software updates are free.

The confusion about the free license will be from cases where an existing EFILive V5/V6 Professional customer is given a free license code for a V7.5 Scan Only. This is only provided due to them being an existing customer, not extraordinary generosity

Does this mean just continue using it without a software license since it works,or that I don't need one or I need to purchase one?
    If I need to purchase something give me a part number.
    Not sure where the free software giveaway is coming in,you guy's have got well over $1k bucks from me for software/hardware.
    I just want to make them work together,what do I need and is it available for me or not?
    Per above, you already have the software license as part of your FlashScan v2 product purchase and are able to use the AutoTap as it is a supported interface type in the V7.5 Scan Tool software.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

@playtoy_18: Have just been speaking with development about this. I'm not real familiar with AutoTap directly (as we have our own hardware) so I was not aware that there is actually a license check performed when using an AutoTap cable type .

As you're already an EFILive customer we have no problem issuing you with a code that will allow yoiu to use your V7.5 software with the AutoTap device.

What I need from you (by email please to support@efilive.com) is the serial number of your AutoTap device. I can then generate and email you a code to use.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Thank you very much!
    It keeps giving me message about registering the interface though the console does say it is a supported device.
    I will send the email now,have been getting more acquainted with it and it is a very capable scantool!
    Look forward to having it as an option alongside my snapon,OTC and various other handheld/laptop based scantools.
    If you ever think of adding Ford support I'll be one of the first customers.
    (would be glad to help with it if I could also,I have IDS/VCM software,factory cailbrations and can download from any vehicle you need including SVT's).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12