Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I do anything with this AutoTap cable?

Default Can I do anything with this AutoTap cable?

Okay, so I purchased a laptop from a guy that said it included the EFILive software and tuning cable. When it arrived, I only saw the AutoTap cable and software. The guy will not return any form of communication, so it would seem I'm stuck with what I have.

Here is what I have, minus the actual cables. I'm trying to tune an '01 Z06. What can I do and not do with this?

Hi spoolin7,

That cable will let you scan only (no reading/writing of PCM's flash)...

a software license may be required, I pm'd Tech Support.

you will need the DB9 cables, if you don't have those you'll have to contact B&B Electronics.

that's what i was afraid of. I also found this in the box, but it has no labels or anything. any clue what it is?

Lifetime Member

Check this thread out, I dont know much about AutoTap cables (before my time, only been in the car game for 6 years now): AutoTap V1 and EFILive

I dont think you can use EFILive software with the AutoTap V1, least thats what it looks like from that other thread. (But looking at the pics Paul posted, you might be able to?)

You wont be able to tune with an AutoTap cable, just scan, log, and clear DTCs. To tune your ride you need either a FlashScan V1 or FlashScan V2.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolin7 View Post
    that's what i was afraid of. I also found this in the box, but it has no labels or anything. any clue what it is?

Looks like an LS1_Edit or LT1_Edit adapter. You are missing the cables for it as well. See if your laptop has either of those programs on it.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Probably the fundamental issue will be that the AutoTap interface is not supported as a tuning device. So, you will not be able to tune your 01 ZO6 with that cable even if you were to get an EFILive software license.

I f you want to use EFILive (and we'd of course like you to) to tune your vehicle you'd need to purchase the 'FlashScan V1 Scan and Tune' (US$549) or 'FlashScan V2 Scan and Tune' product (US$799).

The AutoTap AT1 interface is supported for scanning. If you were able to determine that the person you purchased from had a license for EFILive V5 or V6 software (we'd need proof of purchase or serial number) we could issue you a V7 software license. But, still the tuning desire would be missing for you.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

the main thing i needed to know is if either of these will interface with the software and ecu. i have cables for both, i just didn't include them in the picture. i needed to know for sure so i'd be able to find out if i got screwed over or not.

i do intend to purchase the proper EFILive equipment. the car was previously tuned with EFILive and is currently not allowing anything else to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl View Post
    Looks like an LS1_Edit or LT1_Edit adapter. You are missing the cables for it as well. See if your laptop has either of those programs on it.
    Al
    i can't get into the laptop he sent me either. it's passworded and he neglected to give me the password

At this point I'd be wondering if this stuff is hot.

Get this guy to give you the password and license details.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    At this point I'd be wondering if this stuff is hot.

Get this guy to give you the password and license details.
    the whole deal is really shady now that i've gotten it all. i can't get the guy to even respond to me. i told him if i don't hear back from him, i'll drive from indiana to mississippi to handle matters in person

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast