Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins software screenshots

Thumbs up Cummins software screenshots

Well now that our latest software release is out of the way I've had a chance to sit down and get some screen shots of some of the important tables we've got in the Cummins tuning, these tables many of the Duramax tuners will find familiar.

It's still early days for us discovering how tables are linked together and work with (or against) each other, we still get confused daily . I am pretty much working on this project 100% now so things are really starting to come together.
    None of the descriptions are done yet and we may even have some errors, but given this is still at internal development level it's no big deal at this stage.

Please, don't Email us asking for Beta copies, this is only internal development versions you see, we will keep everyone updated on progress as things change.

For anyone that was doubting if this would happen, enjoy the following pictures from a 2006 5.9L Cummins file........

EDIT: Turns out the first screen shots we put up in this thread were not from a stock Cummins ECM, the file was sent to us as a 'stock' tune, but too many things ended up looking modified. We have no idea what tuner was used, regardless, if you refresh your browser now you will see the stock Cummins maps.

Commanded Rail Pressure:

A Commanded Fuel Limiter:

Injector Pulse Times:

Another Fuel Limiter:

Injection Timing:

Throttle to desired Fuel:
    Last edited by GMPX; May 4th, 2010 at 11:39 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Woohoo, know there's going to be a LOT of buzz about this!! Ive always liked the Dmax, but the Cummins motors are solid.

Cant wait for this to progress further, if I find a friend with either the 5.9 or 6.7 Ill read the ECM out for you!

Working on this 100%, does that mean Paul is working on V8 S&T while you play with new stuff?!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Working on this 100%, does that mean Paul is working on V8 S&T while you play with new stuff?!
    No, Paul is working on lowering he's golf handicap
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Good to hear at least some of us have a life, Im back in the computer lab looking at some c++ and maybe java if I have time tonight...
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Ha-ha, actually I'm a useless golfer.

I am working on V8 S&T and whatever Cummins development needs to be done in V7 S&T.
    Plus I've got the various BBx scripts to finish off (LBZ, LMM, P10 etc).
    Then AutoCal to release, and hopefully the new bug reporting/ticketing system will go live soon.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Woohoo, P10 BBF! I like to hear that!

AutoCal and the new bug system should be great to finally get out there and done, bet you'll be very happy once the final BBx stuff is field-tested and then can be setup in AC.

Any idea about licensing of Cummins stuff? Know its probably a ways out, but are you going to be able to use a regular VIN license or have to have special licenses like "the other guys" for Cummins?
    ~Erik~

Any reason why the RPM and mm3 axes reversed from the DMAX tunes? Actually, it looks like the DMAX is backwards from the gas engines... Either way, it's messing with my head

I am actually excited about Cummins tuning. It will be nice to tweak my parent's '06 some, maybe it will keep up with my '03 DMAX Although, that appears to be a pretty aggressive timing table to begin with...

Oh, and if you want a scan of a 2006 CA-emissions 5.9, I can get that.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVe3283 View Post
    Any reason why the RPM and mm3 axes reversed from the DMAX tunes? Actually, it looks like the DMAX is backwards from the gas engines... Either way, it's messing with my head
    That I don't know, I guess the software guys at Cummins decided to be different. There is a few things we still don't understand on these ECM's, but so far I would say those that are tuning the Duramax will have no problem with the Cummins.

cool! Interesting how much timing it runs.... nice job Ross and Paul! Keep up the good work.

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

It will be neat to log one once. That timing is a little high!
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast