Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 06 gmc truck os swap?

Default 06 gmc truck os swap?

I have a friend who is tuning a 2006 gmc 6.0 truck. The truck was originally equipped with a 4L65E and I installed a FLT level 5 4L80E. I repinned the case connector and built an ISS harness.

The tuner is having trouble finding a matching OS(12606807) that includes a 4L80E segment, to use for a segment swap. As far as I know he can choose any 6.0L/ 4L80e OS and load it into the PCM. However, he is thinking that that PCM will only accept OS 12606807.

Is there something about the late PCMs that will not allow a complete OS swap, or does it just have to be one of only a few compatable Os?

Thanks in advance!

Hi vortecyota

can you post his .tun file here...?

Thought I'd find you here Joecar. To answer your question... no, he is using the OTHER software. I can pull the tune file with my laptop and post it, but it would be 2 days before I could get back on the forum with it.

Unfortunately, he does not have that much time, I think hes a little behind schedule as it is. He is considering making the swap to the GOOD tuning software, so if he wants to, I will take my laptop to him tomorrow after work so he can test drive EFILive.

Sorry I can't deliver the goods today, but if he hasen't nailed it down by tomorrow I will go to his shop and load the file and post it Thursday. Thanks again!

Brint

Lifetime Member

He should be able to use any 1MB LS1 PCM OS (will be a truck OS as I dont think any cars came with the 80E). So if you can find a 80E trans file and a compatible OS, you'll be good to go. Doesnt have to be a 6.0L OS, probably would be either a 6L or 8.1L but you can change either to suit his application.

Just saw your last post, yes if he's using the other guys, they only do seg swaps if you email support and apparently it takes a few days or a week to get done. Post it up if you can!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Hmmmm.... I don't know anything about the "OTHER" software, but I wonder if it does not give the tuner the capability to upgrade the os?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by vortecyota View Post
    Hmmmm.... I don't know anything about the "OTHER" software, but I wonder if it does not give the tuner the capability to upgrade the os?
    Im not entirely sure, havent played with it before. I think it will charge you another set of credits to do an OS swap though...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    He should be able to use any 1MB LS1 PCM OS (will be a truck OS as I dont think any cars came with the 80E). So if you can find a 80E trans file and a compatible OS, you'll be good to go. Doesnt have to be a 6.0L OS, probably would be either a 6L or 8.1L but you can change either to suit his application.

Just saw your last post, yes if he's using the other guys, they only do seg swaps if you email support and apparently it takes a few days or a week to get done. Post it up if you can!
    That's what I am running into at the moment. I am unable to find a OS with a 4L80 in it that matches the OS in the vehicle.

Now it looks like to me you guys with EFI can do the segment swap yourself, were I have to send in the info to support for them to do it.

Default If can't find 4L80E file with compatible OS for 1MB PCM...

It is possible to run the 4L80E from the 4L60E OS...

For each of the 4L80E and 4L60E:
    Look carefully at the connector pinouts,
    Look carefully at the solenoid columns in the shift chart,

You will see:
    - you have to use a relay to invert the 2-3 Shift Solenoid signal,
    - use the 4L60E TCC Enable signal to drive the 4L80E TCC PWM signal (i.e. discard the 4L60E TCC PWM signal wire).

This is what slow67 has done... but do look at the reference material and logic this out.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    It is possible to run the 4L80E from the 4L60E OS...

For each of the 4L80E and 4L60E:
    Look carefully at the connector pinouts,
    Look carefully at the solenoid columns in the shift chart,

You will see:
    - you have to use a relay to invert the 2-3 Shift Solenoid signal,
    - use the 4L60E TCC Enable signal to drive the 4L80E TCC PWM signal (i.e. discard the 4L60E TCC PWM signal wire).

This is what slow67 has done... but do look at the reference material and logic this out.

Thank you Joecar! Thats vortecyota's job if we have to go this route

I'm going to dig alittle more and see if I can find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aric@Injected View Post
    That's what I am running into at the moment. I am unable to find a OS with a 4L80 in it that matches the OS in the vehicle.

Now it looks like to me you guys with EFI can do the segment swap yourself, were I have to send in the info to support for them to do it.
    What I am saying is lets throw the Os thats in the truck now out the door and upgrade the entire OS to one that we can find a 6.0/ETC and a 4l80e cal for. I'll come by tomorrow and let you use my software.

Oh, yeah... welcome to the dark side

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast