Thread: FJO wideband install

Default FJO wideband install

Hey guys I just got an older FJO KWB0230 wideband. I also have the V-1 Scan and Tune Commercial. Can I cut the serial wires from the controller on the wideband and hook them up to the orange connectors on my V-1? I am new to tuning and widebands and haven't found what i'm looking for from searching. My laptop won't support the connector that the controller has on it due to the wrong pin type connector. If anyone can give me a how to with pin outs and setting up the controller in my settings I would really appreciate it.

I have also wondered the same thing, except I have the dynojet wideband commander. I'm new so I've just been reading and lurking...

V1 expects an analog voltage in the range 0V-5V.

The description of the KWB0230 says:
    "(no digital display -- rely on your laptop or PDA for display)"
    That implies it uses some digital/serial protocol.

So the serial wires won't work with V1 as far as I can tell.

Is there a user manual I can look at...?

Here is the user manual on the controller joecar.
    http://www.fjoracing.com/products/WB...%20Manual).pdf

So if this won't be able to log my AFR in EFI Live will I have to do a bunch of copy and pasting from my logs on my laptop from the WBO2 to Efi Live? Also the guy I got this from said he had it tied into his PCM. With this set up would it allow me to see and log one bank with the actual AFR of that side through the PCM and OBDII? Is there a way to tie it (wideband o2 sensor) into my PCM and use my NBO2 on one bank as my sensor? Like tune out one O2 and replace the sensor with the WBO2 and controller, run it in open loop with one bank being monitored by NB and the other being monitored my the WBO2. I actually have two WBO2 sensors and if possible I can install one in each bank and "T" the sensor wires from the controller to both sensors. I would put a switch from the two to be able to switch from bank to bank to monitor both? Sorry about all the questions, I am new to all of this and trying to figure out how all the tuning will fall into place. I will be doing a cam swap in the next month so I want to have all the tools necessary to get my tune close so I can safely log some good logs and send them to Wait4me to have him retune it for me. I am not to the point that I can or feel comfortable tuning VE or anything like that yet. Thanks again for the help !