Thread: Does Anyone Know How I Can Do This?

Default Does Anyone Know How I Can Do This?

I have a 04 5.3 truck PCM (6242) and harness that I converted for installing in an old Camaro. My original intentions were to set up the 5.3 in the Camaro and after all the hard work was done, change the 5.3 to whatever LS engine I wanted. This engine had a LS1 intake and injectors with the 5.3 DBW TB and ran great. I sold that motor and bought a 02 LS6. I have it set up in my engine test/run stand with the 5.3 electronics (DBW/TAC, etc.) but am having problems figuring out how to tune the PCM to run with the 5.3 DBW/TAC/TB but, with a LS6 tune. Everyone I've talked to around here (Dallas) doesn't have a clue. Most say just run a 411 PCM with a cable TB with a LS6 tune but, I have a lot of work in the harness and want to use DBW unless what I want to do is absolutely impossible. Can anyone here point me in the right direction to figure this out? Thanks

Lifetime Member

Post up the base file you used for the 5.3, you should be able to change the cylinder size, spark tables, and VE tables and get close. Hook up the wideband and AutoVE it then dial spark in.

You dont need to use the LS6 tune, you just need to use the spark, VE, injector, etc parameters from the tune file in your 5.3 tune.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Yah that's what I told him over on LS1.com too
    Steve Williams

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Yah that's what I told him over on LS1.com too
    Whew, good to know Im right lol, I have little LS1 experience. Eventually I want to buy an LS1 equipped car/truck just to learn to tune it!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.