Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LC-1 cable length

Default LC-1 cable length

hi Eric here , have a question concerning an LC-1 , how long are the cables not including the sensor cable , from the LC-1 to the end of the serial and pigtail of 6 or 7 wires , oh while on the subject can i properly preform a sensor callibration while pluged in serial to the flashacan V2 , i ask because i have heard about isuses with this procedure, thank you

From the controller out, the cables are about a meter long. I was performing a few bench test on an LC1 and LM2 about a month ago and had no problems performing a free air calibration from V2. Do you have a link to the issues you've heard of?

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Eric, I just did a LM-2 heater and free air calibration utilizing TAQuickness's (Andy) WB Serial Cables.

Worked flawlessly. I changed out an O2 sensor..(routine maintenance).

Just to reiterate, I did the free air calibration using the Flashscan V2..

Good here!
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

LC-1 to cable ends is 6 feet (1.8m).

thanks for the info guys , so i guess it is 8 ft including the sensor like my LM-2 that i have permenently installed the cables but it is a hassel when i want to go to another vheicle , so i want to get 2 LC-1s and leave them permenent , i will have to make them longer because i have a truck and i want to pass them in a specific place , i dont like making holes so i use what is there , to TA dont remember where i picked that up but i do remember there was an issue maybe someone else has some info , just want to be sure before i calibrate with the V2, new to EFI live but wow what a product my LM-2 is also hooked up in serial , if any one of you does get back have another Question , want to black box log so i guess i have to install the 8 software , will the 7.5 and eight work together , this is probably a stupid question but keep in mind the i didnt even use a computer up untill two years ago , dont worry i am not 95 years old i am 42 but just never needed one before but now i am using it alot for my work and loving EFI live but it is taking time and thank god for patience that i do have and if i understood right v8 will eventually be complete, thanks

Hi Eric,

Download/install the latest version of V7 and V8 software from here.

V8 includes firmware which you will have to flash into your V2, see attached doc.

V8 provides the user interface for configuring black box logging/flashing.
    V7 provides the user interface for viewing logs and editing calibrations.

V2 can handle upto 2 serial widebands daisy-chained together.

Yeah, I don't like cutting holes either... a good place to poke the serial cable thru is the shift lever grommet under the center console.

Cheers
    Joe

thanks joecar for the info , just have a few questions , when installing the latest version of V7 i guess efilive will override the old version and in V8 what is the procedure to flash the V2 with V8 firmware and if i understand correctly V7 will remain the same for logging and editing and flashing , i will still be able to log and flash using my laptop and V8 will log using the V2 (bbl) , will it also be able to flash in a tune to my pcm without the use of my labtop and if so will it hold more than one tune so i can flip from one to another and why doesnt one version do all this , thank you joecar

joe forgot to mention , if there will be one version that will be complete with V7 and V8 functions shouldnt i wait because i imagine if V7 is not doing it they want to work out the bugs in V8 before it becomes a complete package or is this not the reason , thank you

another question joe , what version of boot block should i be running i have presently Ver 2.06.02 and about what you said in your last reply , so i can daisy chain , two LC1,s into my V2 serial input good , is it ok to perform a heater warm up and a calibration of my o2 sensors using my V2 , thank you

ok last question for today joe , by the way i want to thank you in advance , its guy like you on these forums that encourage us to by a product that alot of us dont know alot about , is there a way of turning off the V2 without just simply unpluging it , hate doing that just like my LM-2 , thanks

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast