Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LC-1 cable length

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    hope i am not driving you nuts with all this , just thought of something , what if i was able to switch off phisically the LC1 controler boxs from the sensors with a remote multi pole switch from within my truck , i know it would make alot of wiring but like i know my self i am going to protect the hell of the the LC1 s and its going to be hell to take them down every time , is there a maximum length of wire run between the sensor and the LC1 that has to be respected or maybe innovate has a patch wire i can use to mount the LC1s in my truck but i dont think so, why do i always have to complicate things , thanks joe
    Power the LC-1 from a fused switched circuit that comes live when key is in on position... you want the sensor to be running while the engine is running otherwise the sensor will be damaged.

To flash V2 bootblock and firmware you have to use EE.

V8 software includes: EE, S&T, bootblock, firmware.

What Microsoft Windows OS are you running...? Win XP...?

To run EE or S&T, from your desktop go:
    - Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive Explorer, or
    - Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive Scan&Tune.

In V2 there are 2 software blobs:
    - bootblock: used for flashing in the V2 firmware, and for booting the V2 firmware.
    - firmware: used for flashing in the V2 bootblock, and for operating/running the V2.

The bootblock in the PCM is for flashing/reading the PCM's flash... same concept, but for the PCM instead of the V2... elegant, eh...!?!

Have a read thru attached doc [ you have later versions of bootblock/firmware, so you wont fall into the 2.05.06 hole ].
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joecar; May 6th, 2010 at 08:00 PM.

Heater cal:
    - unplug lambda sensor from LC-1,
    - power on LC-1,
    - power off LC-1,
    - plug lambda sensor back into LC-1,
    - power on LC-1,
    - wait untill LED stops flashing and comes on steady.

Always be sure (ask when in doubt)... this is how you avoid costly damage/mistakes.

"The dumb question is the one that was never asked, because you'll never know the answer"

Nuts...!?!? It's ok... that reminds me about marbles...

Default thanks joe

i am running windows xp , i am ok and the reason i was not finding EE was that i have not installed V8 yet , so i skip all that 2.05... hole like you said because i have the later version of boot block and firmware good , please clear this up for me because i think i am confusing heater calibration and sensor calibration , the sensor has to be heated by the proceedure you explained to me and then i command a sensor calibration through the V2 like with my LM-2 when i plug the sensors in they are heated and i can perform a sensor calibration if in free air , if the V2 is not used innovate supplies a led to monitor this by switching a wire to ground , one last thing that is important to me , so i have to uninstall V7 i thought i could just upgrade to 7.5.6 and install V8 and why the warning of not being able to revert back to a previous version once the new firmware version is installed , why would anyone want to do that unless i am answering my question in the next paragragh and last but really not least is the scare at the end of all this about the license upgrade , you mean after installing V7 and V8 and upgrading boot block , firmware that the licensce upgrade can be unsuccesful and i will have to send my V2 half way across the world that previously had nothing wrong with it , i hate to believe this but what are the chances of this happening , i have in the past upgraded to scan and tune from scan only because i bought it as a scan and tune but was shipped scan only , can this affect the proceedure , thanks joe i appreciate this

Do have a read thru that document, it will give you a better picture about bootblock vs firmware and about dead poll... and it will answer questions regarding the scary license upgrade (see below)...

Heater calibration: required when sensor is replaced to calibrate heater power.
    Free air calibration: required periodically to rebase the controller to free air.

V2 can do the free air cal, not the heater cal.

The LED might be good to have... if it doesn't stop flashing you have indication of a problem regardless of whether V2 is connected or not.

The bootblock license upgrade (and warning) is only applicable if your bootblock version is 2.04.xx or earlier.

Which versions of bootblock and firmware do you have in V2 (use EE to view them)...?

If your version of V7 is old, you may have to un-install it and then install the newer V7, no biggie.

Is your V2 Scan and Tune right now...?

thanks joe , understand about the sensor calibration , yes my V2 is scan and tune have done some tuning on my transmission and removed my EGR valve so i hade to get rid of the trouble codes and such , my V2 boot block ver. is 2.06.02 oct 16 2008 and the firmware ver. is 2.06.05 oct 28 2008 got this information using my V2 because i have not yet installed V8 with EE , so given my boot block and firmware ver. i will not have to perform a licence upgrade so the posibility of having to send the V2 to efilive will not happen good , is this correct , thanks joe

joe went and got my ver. it is 7.5.5 build 86 , in the tune tool clicked on help menu > about it also indicated license: scan and tool of course and also indicated was calibrations avalible 620 and restricted to : personel scan and tool (no cable) , what does this mean , so is my 7.5.5 build 86 updateable or will i have to uninstall it and reinstall the newest ver of V7 , thanks joe

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast