Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: LC-1 cable length

Hi Eric,

The 99-02 PCM is easier to tune (has more tables, has a single VE table, has available COS3/COS5).

The 97/98 PCM is harder to tune (has fewer tables, has two VE tables, has missing pids, has no COS).

Those two PCM's have wiring differences so you would have to run the same year harness or re-pin the PCM harness connectors.

[ some people re-pin their 97/98 PCM harness connectors so they can run the 99-02 PCM (part # 0411)]

Thanks alot Joe , i will wait till a deal comes along for a 99-02 pcm and harness, theres enuf complexity already in tuning i dont want to add some , Eric

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    On this page, go rightclick->Bookmark This Page and specify the Bookmarks toolbar.
    I tried to Bookmark but when i right click i dont see bookmark, thanks Joe

Which web browser are you using...?

If you're using Internet Explorer, then go rightclick->Add to Favorites or rightclick->Create Shortcut.

Thanks Joe i will try that because yes i am using Internet Explorer, i will get back to you , Eric

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Which web browser are you using...?

If you're using Internet Explorer, then go rightclick->Add to Favorites or rightclick->Create Shortcut.
    Hi Joe , by doing this i will add it as a favorite or create a short cut to the post , is this right , what i would like to do is to save it as a document so i can refer back to it from my computer , does this make sence , thanks eric

Have a question apart from this Joe , presently with my V2 i am licenced to my stock pcm in my truck , i bought a mail order tune that was sent to me in a pcm that is exactly like mine and they programed the same serial number in it as my stock one to match my truck and it is not locked because i specified that i would eventualy be getting tunning software , i know i will be able to read it but will i have to use another licence to tune it , if i remember correctly the software does not use the serial number to differentiate between pcms so i will probably have to licence it , i hope you will tell me i am wrong , i want to use this pcm in a non ls1 car with a wiring harness i have but it is temporary , thanks Eric

Last question for the night Joe, knowledge can be a burden , lets say i want to get a tune from holden crazy or anyone else for that matter, my pcm is a Gen 111 99 to 07 > 2000 truck A4 4l60e, does that mean that i can use any one of these tunes within gen 111 99 to 07 to program the calibrations (i understand not the operating systems) as long as it is a A4 4l60e and it has the same file size like mine 512kb , i believe they grew to 1mb within the gen 111 99 to 07 , so if i put an LS1 5.7 in my truck could i program my pcm clibrations with a LS1 5.7 stock file provided it is 512kb and go from there depending on modifications , thanks Joe eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Hi Joe , by doing this i will add it as a favorite or create a short cut to the post , is this right , what i would like to do is to save it as a document so i can refer back to it from my computer , does this make sence , thanks eric
    Oh, then do File->Save Page As or File->Save As.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Have a question apart from this Joe , presently with my V2 i am licenced to my stock pcm in my truck , i bought a mail order tune that was sent to me in a pcm that is exactly like mine and they programed the same serial number in it as my stock one to match my truck and it is not locked because i specified that i would eventualy be getting tunning software , i know i will be able to read it but will i have to use another licence to tune it , if i remember correctly the software does not use the serial number to differentiate between pcms so i will probably have to licence it , i hope you will tell me i am wrong , i want to use this pcm in a non ls1 car with a wiring harness i have but it is temporary , thanks Eric
    Hi Eric,

One licence is required per PCM, you will have to use another license to program the new PCM... i.e. a license attaches to a PCM's serial number and not the vehicle's VIN.

[ otherwise one license will find itself programming hundreds or thousands of PCM's ]

You can install the new PCM and read the calibration from it and save to file, and then re-install the old PCM and flash the saved calibration to it... first check the new files OS id.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast