Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: LC-1 cable length

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Oh, then do File->Save Page As or File->Save As.
    Thanks Joe i will do this , Eric

Hi Eric,

One licence is required per PCM, you will have to use another license to program the new PCM... i.e. a license attaches to a PCM's serial number and not the vehicle's VIN.

[ otherwise one license will find itself programming hundreds or thousands of PCM's ]

You can install the new PCM and read the calibration from it and save to file, and then re-install the old PCM and flash the saved calibration to it... first check the new files OS id.
    Yes it makes sence that the licence attaches to the pcms serial number, if i want the tune within it i will read it like you say and save it and just reflash but the operating systems have to be the same , and if i understand correctly i can not just simply program the calibrations and not do a complete flash with calibrations and operating systems because thoes tunning files were taken from a different pcm so it is a complete flash with operating systems or nothing , so if the operating systems are not identical in numbers i can not do it , it would be possible to compare files and to modify all tunning sections manually but that would take long i guess but do able , am i on the right track with all this , thanks alot Joe Eric

Eric,

If your new PCM has a different OS than your old PCM, then you want to copy the changed (by the tuner) tables from the new file to the old file, and do a cal only flash from your old file to the old PCM.

Hopefully your tuner flashed the new PCM with the same OS as your old PCM, in which case you can cal only flash the new file to the old PCM.

Or, if you want to update to a later OS, then you may have to copy tables.

Remind me which vehicle/year/model you have...?

Cheers
    Joe
    :^)

Eric,

If your new PCM has a different OS than your old PCM, then you want to copy the changed (by the tuner) tables from the new file to the old file, and do a cal only flash from your old file to the old PCM.

Hopefully your tuner flashed the new PCM with the same OS as your old PCM, in which case you can cal only flash the new file to the old PCM.

Or, if you want to update to a later OS, then you may have to copy tables.

Remind me which vehicle/year/model you have...?

Cheers
    Joe
    :^)
    Hi Joe how have you been , been of for a while as you can see but i do want to get back into this , with work and i do alot of snowboarding in the winter it is hard to throw myself into this but i have to because i dont want to fall behind on all we talked about , work will be slowing down till mid febuary so i will be able to , my truck is a 2000 silverado 4x4 and if i remember corectly the pcm that was sent to me was programed with the same operating systems , i can contact them and find out or i will find out quickly enuf when i put it in my truck and licence it , thanks Joe Eric

Hi Eric,

I've been fine and keeping busy...

Cheers

Nice to here back from you Joe, have a question , my friend just bought a 98 pickup with a 5.7 vortec, what could i do to the engine tune to get more power out of this , is it worth it because i am not familliar with these motors , he just installed a cat back with an air intake and he removed his cats , funny no trouble code because he does have sensors down stream from his cats that he removed , the transmission is a 4l60e , same as mine so that is not a problem , any advice , thanks Joe Eric

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112