Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LC-1 cable length

To flash V2 firmware, use EFILive Explorer (EE) goto the F12: Firmware tab.

V7.5.6.115 is basically the same but provides updates/fixes.
    V8.1.2.95 provides updates to black box logging/flashing and V2 firmware.

You should install both V7 and V8 since some earlier versions of V7 won't work with later versions of V2 firmware.

First update the V2 bootblock to 2.6.03.

And then update the V2 firmware to 2.6.35.

To daisy chain two Innovate widebands:
    - install terminator plug on device 1 SERIAL IN,
    - connect device 1 SERIAL OUT to device 2 SERIAL IN,
    - connect device 2 SERIAL OUT to V2 via null-modem type cable.

In V2 setttings (either on V2 LCD or via Scan&Tune (S&T) software Device Settings.

V2 will let you do free-air calibration.

Heater calibration is done by power-cycling the wideband with the Bosch sensor disconnected from the controller, and then reconnecting it and powering on... can't do this with V2.

Yes, you will be able to log/flash in passthru mode from your laptop.

Yes, you will be able to log/flash in standalone black box mode. Yes, multiple tune files on the SD card.

V8 is not complete yet, so V7 is used for traditional log/tune user interface, V8 is used for firmware and BBL/BBF.

Yes, there a key sequence to put V2 in low power mode (LCD turns off)...

I can't remember it, but I think it's ctrl-0... I'll find out later today.

You are welcome... ...we want everyone to share our enthusiasm for this hobby and for this really cool and advanced product...

There are many knowledgeable members on this forum, thank you all for your contributions, you guys make the forum...

thanks joe , just want to make sure , i update my V7 and install V8 and will not have to use EFI live Explorer to update boot block and firmware because it can be done using V8, boot block then firmware why this order, different tunes on sd card nice is this related to switchable tunes in the V2 menu , so as i understand my LC-1s that i will install permanently will have to have the sensors unpluged and pluged back so i can perform a proper free air calibration , thanks joe

hope i am not driving you nuts with all this , just thought of something , what if i was able to switch off phisically the LC1 controler boxs from the sensors with a remote multi pole switch from within my truck , i know it would make alot of wiring but like i know my self i am going to protect the hell of the the LC1 s and its going to be hell to take them down every time , is there a maximum length of wire run between the sensor and the LC1 that has to be respected or maybe innovate has a patch wire i can use to mount the LC1s in my truck but i dont think so, why do i always have to complicate things , thanks joe

i ask alot a questions concerning the software , firmware , boot block only because i am new to all this computer stuff , like i said before i didnt even use a computer up untill two years ago and i dont always understand the terminology but i am a very fast learner , i am only really starting to use my computer so sometimes what might seem simple knowledge to some is contiuous learning for me , so thanks for your patience joe

like i said joe here goes a simple question , where is EFIlive Explorer , is this within in V8 and i understand about firmware but what does boot block refer to , does it have to do with the V2 being able to access a PCM , i guess i am waiting for your responce before i update my V7 and install V8 and update boot block and firmware , i know this is all simple but just want to be sure , thank joe

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast