Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LC-1 cable length

ok joe i understand about not needing the license upgrade , my present boot block and firmware already have the new style license structures so when i upgrade the boot block and firmware i will not be prompted by the V2 with the message to upgrade license , is this correct , thank you joe

have a question joe apart from all of this , logged a few quarter mile runs the other day for the first time and i noticed my MAP was reading 14.9 to 15.1 psi , this cant be my boost gauge reads close to 10 psi , have a magnuson on a 4.8 with a 3.4 in pully , how accurate is this map sensor or do i have to scale it , i know my guage inside stops at 10 psi , whats the reason for this because i know i am not phisically runing 15 psi, i have a 6.0 that i will be porting the heads and changing the springs and pusrods and rod bolts with a nice cam that i will be installing this summer but not in a hurry because i am trying to perfect a cooling system for my intercooler , i run a 13.06 and want to be in the high 12,s before i swap out for the 6.0 , for a 4.8 it is very fast considering i am lifted 6.5in with 35in tires , ist a longbed single cab black silverado 4x4 year 2000 , it sleeps in the garage and never sees winter what a pitty i know , i love working on this truck and i have come to realize that the number one importance is cooling the intake charge ,if i can get in the high 12s with my 4.8 i know high 11s will be possible with the 6.0 and that will be awsome , its fun because in quebec most people at the track are running fast cars so when you come along with a fast pickup its very special , got to have passions , this and snowboarding my two , thanks joe

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    joe went and got my ver. it is 7.5.5 build 86 , in the tune tool clicked on help menu > about it also indicated license: scan and tool of course and also indicated was calibrations avalible 620 and restricted to : personel scan and tool (no cable) , what does this mean , so is my 7.5.5 build 86 updateable or will i have to uninstall it and reinstall the newest ver of V7 , thanks joe
    It will say that if the V2 is not connected to your PC...

also go Help->Register EFILive and enter in the Scan&Tune license info.

Download/install updated V7 and V8 from this: showthread.php?t=13550

Once you installed V8, run EE and update bootblock to 2.6.03 and firmware 2.6.35.

Please do read thru this document to get a clearer picture... just study it thru, it will clear up some concepts about V2.

FSBootV2_xx_yy.efw: FlashScan boot block Version 2.xx.yy.
    FSProgV2_xx_yy.efw: FlashScan firmware Version 2.xx.yy.

Be sure to format the Data space and the Config space.

Then run S&T to do the following:
    - setup the Device Settings,
    - setup the Black Box settings.

Which year/model vehicle do you have...?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joecar; May 8th, 2010 at 08:35 AM.

ok joe i understand about not needing the license upgrade , my present boot block and firmware already have the new style license structures so when i upgrade the boot block and firmware i will not be prompted by the V2 with the message to upgrade license , is this correct , thank you joe
    Yes, correct.

joe went and got my ver. it is 7.5.5 build 86 , in the tune tool clicked on help menu > about it also indicated license: scan and tool of course and also indicated was calibrations avalible 620 and restricted to : personel scan and tool (no cable) , what does this mean , so is my 7.5.5 build 86 updateable or will i have to uninstall it and reinstall the newest ver of V7 , thanks joe
    I would uninstall it, and do a fresh install with the new one.

have a question joe apart from all of this , logged a few quarter mile runs the other day for the first time and i noticed my MAP was reading 14.9 to 15.1 psi , this cant be my boost gauge reads close to 10 psi , have a magnuson on a 4.8 with a 3.4 in pully , how accurate is this map sensor or do i have to scale it , i know my guage inside stops at 10 psi , whats the reason for this because i know i am not phisically runing 15 psi, i have a 6.0 that i will be porting the heads and changing the springs and pusrods and rod bolts with a nice cam that i will be installing this summer but not in a hurry because i am trying to perfect a cooling system for my intercooler , i run a 13.06 and want to be in the high 12,s before i swap out for the 6.0 , for a 4.8 it is very fast considering i am lifted 6.5in with 35in tires , ist a longbed single cab black silverado 4x4 year 2000 , it sleeps in the garage and never sees winter what a pitty i know , i love working on this truck and i have come to realize that the number one importance is cooling the intake charge ,if i can get in the high 12s with my 4.8 i know high 11s will be possible with the 6.0 and that will be awsome , its fun because in quebec most people at the track are running fast cars so when you come along with a fast pickup its very special , got to have passions , this and snowboarding my two , thanks joe
    The MAP sensor might be the 1-bar kind, it pegs at 15.1 psi (i.e. 105 kPa).

Display these in Metric: MAP, MAF, and anything else that is mass or mass/time... this makes it easier for us...

What axle ratio do you have...?

Yes, cooling the intake charge is important for several reasons:
    - reduces opportunity for knock,
    - increases air charge density.

Yes, we all love internal combustion engines, that's why we're all here...

Default thanks joe

I will uninstall V7 and do a fresh install of V7 and V8 , i have read the pdf. on upgrading flashscan and i will read it again , can you explain what you mean about formating the data and the config space and to set up the device settings and black box settings . Yes i must have a 1bar MAP sensor because my logs all maxed at 15.1psi or 105KPa , is it possible that i am running this mush boost it doesnt make sence, never new because my in truck gauge stops at 10psi, can i trust what my MAP sensor is telling me , i know i can step up to a 2bar operating system but that is for another time because i want to concentrate on BBL and the tuning software . To answer your question i am running 4:56 gears, i installed an auburn limited slip diff with an electric locker which i never use because the truck never sees mud , should have installed a reagular limited slip , it is in my front diff that i really need a locker because my truck pulls like crazy from left to right the first eight mile , when i installed the diff and gears there was no locker for the front but maybe ther is now , sorry about the long messages it is just nice to chat with someone who understands this , thanks joe

Before you use a brand new hard disk, USB memory fob, or SD card, it has to be formatted (i.e. an empty file system created)...

V2 has two separate file systems:
    - [Config] which stores all the config files,
    - [Data] which stores all the data files (logs and tunes).

The [Data] space has two separate instances: internal and external (SD card). In the V2 Device Settings you select which one, on the V2 LCD/keypad navigate F4->F1->F1 Edit Settings.

To format [Config] you go into EE, goto Config Files tab and click Format.
    To format [Data], on the V2 LCD/keypad navigate F4->F2->F3 Format File Sys.

When you install V8, you will see two pieces of software: EFILive Explorer (EE) and Scan&Tune (S&T).

BOOST = MAP - BARO

BARO is typically 100 kPa at sea level.

So if you're running 10 psi (70 kPa) boost, then MAP is 25 psi (170 kPa).

i.e. MAP from 0 to 100 kPa is no boost, and then over 100 kPa is boost.

Your truck is 4x4... does it pull left/right because one or more wheels are slipping...?

You have the same ratio in both axles...? What ratio is the transfer case and/or center differential...?

No worries...

See these pics from S&T.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S&T - Device Settings - BBL.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	7861   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S&T - Device Setings - Serial IO.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	7862   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S&T - Black Box Settings - Tune Settings.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	7871   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S&T - Black Box Settings.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	261.4 KB 
ID:	7873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S&T - Black Box Settings - Scan Settings.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	7874  

Last edited by joecar; May 10th, 2010 at 03:14 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast