Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LC-1 cable length

Default thanks joe

ok i understand about the formatting if i get home early enuf tomorrow afternoon i will install the new V7 and V8 and do all this , if i have any hookups i will let you know but i will get back to you either way . I understand about the MAP sensor anything under 14.7psi or 100KPa is actually in vacume at sea level of course , just like my in truck gauge makes sence, i should have thought of this , it is like plus or minus with 14.7psi or 100KPa being natural baro presure at sea level which is very close to my elevation here , so i wont have a choice to step up to a 2bar system or can i make this work , is there another way or pid to log my manifold presure . About my truck pulling to one side to the other is in my opinion normal because only one wheel is pulling at once because my diff is not locked but it is less present at the track with a flat surface , my ratios are the same front and back , i have to be able to lock the front diff , it is just like running a front wheel drive vehicle with alot of power that doesnt have a limited slip or locker it goes all over the place , thanks joe

hi joe just got in , its a little late in the afternoon so i will have to do this tomorrow , any info about my MAP situation , will get back to you tomorrow , thanks joe

You may need to run a 2-bar MAP sensor and a COS (Custom Operating System)...

Which year/model vehicle/PCM do you have...?

If you have a 512KB PCM, then there may be a COS for it.

The COS's have boost VE and spark tables.

My truck is a 2000 and it is a 512KB PCM , ist a gen 3 pcm , i will be stepping up to a 2 bar map sensor and COS but not right now because i am working on something else now which leads me to my next question , can i buy two engine coolent temperature sensors and use them as a 0to5V source to feed two of my V2s analoge inputs because i need to log temperaure at two specific places on my intercooler system that i am working on and i need a range of anywhere from -5 to 65 degrees celcius which is in the range of a stock ECT sensor , i checked my sensor on my truck and it is only two wires so the sensor may not work for this application , if it is only two wires wouldnt it be sending a resistive value to the pcm , to make this work i need a sensor that will give me a 0 to 5V and i would have to know its equivilant temperature at 0 and 5V , do you have any ideas about this and if i cant use GM sensors do you know of a place where i could buy some , thanks joe

I just checked ,unpluged my sensor on my truck and it sends out a resistive value so i can not use the GM ones , any ideas where i can get and accurate unit whithin my range , i think autometer has one but it is not used for such a low range , thanks joe

Air-to-Air or Air-to-Water...?

Are you measuring air temp (IAT) or water temp (ECT)...?

The 2 wire IAT/ECT sensor needs to have current flowing thru it... you would have to wire it to 12V via a resistor (not sure what value) which drops the voltage range down to 0-5V... the other end goes to ground... i.e. the resistor and sensor make a voltage divider... you would have to change the resistor to "calibrate" the temperature reading.

Might be easier to find a specific aftermarket temp sensor... I'm not sure which ones... might have to look thru some catalogs or talk to someone at Jegs or Summit.

Have a look at the OEM wire diagram (attached).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IAT.gif 
Views:	142 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	7881   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ECT.gif 
Views:	149 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	7882  

thanks joe my intercooler is water to water its a magnuson sc and i want to mesure water temp , yes i understand the concept of this circuit which would alow me to use my GM sensors but it is complicated and the feed voltage would have to be very clean , would have to ge it from the pcm , i will see if i can by some or are all temp sensors thermisters , thanks joe will get back tomorrow

Default Hi joe

Been serching around and i have found something that i am almost sure will work fo my aplication to log my intercooler water temps, i found a wide range low power temperature sensor that outputs an analog voltage that is proportional to the temp , it is in the form of a TO-92 transistor so once my wires are connected to its leds i can coat it with apoxy and fit it into a fiting , one led is fed by a voltage that can be between 2.7 and 5.5V , one is ground and the other outputs the voltage from 0 to 1.75V , 0V = to -50C and 1.75V = to 125C , for every 10mv increase temp increases 1C so it is linear , it must be possible to feed this info to the scan tool , how is this done and i will have to find a clean 5V supply voltage from the PCM or could i not tap in at one of my sensors on the engine that has a 5V feed , i was wondering about thoes wire diagrams that you sent to me in the attachment , where do you get them and is it possible to get a complete wire diagram for my trucks PCM or i could by a shop manual , i ordered the temp sensors from an electronic parts store near my place and i will have them next week , i dont think the responce time of these sensors are as quick as thermistors and may be a little slow for an AIT sensor at 15sec but in liquid it is 5sec which is good for me , any input joe does it sound like it will work, thanks

0.00V --> -50°C
    1.75V --> +125°C

The equations for that are:
    T[°C] = v*100-50
    T[°F] = v*180-58

See attached calc_pids.txt file... copy this file to: My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

If your calc_pids.txt already contains calc pids, then the two have to be merged.

EXT.AD1 and EXT.AD2 are two of the four analog inputs...
    turn V2 over down and study the decals, each analog input has a + and - pin pair.
    Also see page 104 in the scantool user manual pdf.

Note:
    - have at least 2 blanks line at the end of the file,
    - high/low are the chart/gauge max/min tick marks,
    - fmt is the number of decimal digits precision.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joecar; May 12th, 2010 at 04:12 PM.

thanks joe for this information , i dont have time to study it now but i will look at it in detail tomorrow afternoon when i get back from work , glad this will work , i have to admit at first look at the calc pid.txt you sent i am not understanding much but when i get into it i am sure i will see a little clearer , it is like writing up a text formula and building it to your specific aplications , is this correct , i will get back to you tomorrow , thanks joe

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast