Thread: EFILIVE conflicting with BANKS PDA...?

Default EFILIVE conflicting with BANKS PDA...?

EFILIVE conflicting with BANKS PDA...?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I e-mailed this to Nick at DURAMAXTUNER.COM but I also wanted to see what some of you might be thinking
    I did the EGR block , but I am still getting a 1-2 second delay on acceleration from a stop. On level 4 , I haven't tried other levels . If I give her 1/2 or more throttle she's fine , it's when I ease into it , it feels like I am getting no fuel...then it kicks in.....? Also , in my street tune , setting 4 , when I am NOT at W.O.T. , it feels like I am getting a de-fuel between shifts. I tried playing with my co-pilot putting it on different levels but had no change. Did all my settings get the de-fueling removed , some , none ? Even though I am just using my Banks PDA for guages , will it possibly be conflicting with the demands of my ecm/tcm ? On all the levels with the Banks , de-fueling is engauged to protect a stock tranny...could my Banks & EFILIVE be trying to counter each other ? I haven't removed the Banks yet to see if this might be an issue..only because I am afraid that it is an issue and now I will need to drop another
    $ 300.00 for new gauges.
    Other than these minor issues I am extreamly pleased with what Nick has done for my truck...my wife even had some fun with it , smokin' a ricer on the way to Wally World...now she wants to drive it...
    Last edited by BJJ-DURAMAX; May 2nd, 2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: *
    '06 LBZ-CC-LB-DUALLY
    ATS STAGE II-CO-PILOT..HUGE THANKS TO JASON @ ATS
    EGR & REZO BLOCKED
    FASS 150
    4" T-BACK-NO KITTY-NO MUFF
    EFILIVE PRE-TUNED ECM/TCM-DSP-5 by NICK @ DURAMAXTUNER
    HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT REFUSES TO WORK HARD
    **COLORADO BJJ**

Lifetime Member

If you're just using the Banks setup for guages, I doubt there's a conflict. But Im not well-versed in Dmax stuff either. The potential is there though, electronics can be weird sometimes.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Unplug the Banks and see what happens.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I have made a custom OBD port to the passenger side of my truck and if i have EFI and my bullydog monitor plugged in at the same time EFI freaks out on a flash or even just a scan.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

As far as the de-fuel between shifts at part throttle, there's not much you can do about that on the 2006 and later trucks. The trans and the ECM don't have a de-fuel adjustment for the diesel motor, just the 8.1 apparently. I shortened my shift times in small increments and it seemed to help the driveability a lot.
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

I can't say for sure on all these products, but too many of them do not behave correctly when on the comms bus, some even ignore silence commands (very big no, no).
    Most of these monitor devices will be using scanning functions, you simply can't have two scantools on the bus at the same time.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I can't say for sure on all these products, but too many of them do not behave correctly when on the comms bus, some even ignore silence commands (very big no, no).
    Most of these monitor devices will be using scanning functions, you simply can't have two scantools on the bus at the same time.
    My thoughts exactly
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME