Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can I run 2 computers in a 2010 camaro one stock & one with a tune ????

When I put in 2010 Chevrolet Camaro, part number 12625455 came up.

When I manually enter 12633238 this is what comes up:

12633238 Emission Control System Hardware MODULE Price:$156.79 S&H:$34.49 Total:$191.28

Why is it's price different than the other...?

Not only part proliferation, but price-list/catalog proliferation...

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    When I put in 2010 Chevrolet Camaro, part number 12625455 came up.

When I manually enter 12633238 this is what comes up:

12633238 Emission Control System Hardware MODULE Price:$156.79 S&H:$34.49 Total:$191.28

Why is it's price different than the other...?

Not only part proliferation, but price-list/catalog proliferation...
    Yes there is probably a VIN breakpoint where they go from '09 to '10 ECM's. Holden calls this RPO "BSI". '10 Camaros may have even started with an 09 ECM (GMPX mention two different ECM versions in another thread) and then gone to 12633056/12635863 10 ECM and are now at 12637084 - also '10 ECM. And there may have also been another '09 OS.

Even GM is suffering challenges in the field with this as they upgrade to 12635863 or 12637084 and TIS lets them dump it into an '09 followed by a lot of silence.

What makes this even funnier is that now in TIS an early VIN which shipped with an '09 ECM and OS is now listed as having the latest '10 OS and the history now shows an '09 OS engine seg for example was/is part of the '10 OS. Which is fine if the seg layout is the same but.....given how many '09 E38's are being bricked...maybe not.

With a raw ECM at the factory no doubt GM can turn a generic E38 into any year they want (am convinced they all start out as equal pieces of hardware give or take a different component manufacturer for caps or something but may be wrong on this), but once it has been IPL'd with a certain year then thats it.

The info on the AC Delco site is more up to date than GMPD etc and has more relevant info re the PN's and what they do and dont do year by year IIRC.

I would guess the price is different due to a base cost price change. Or an accountant had a hangover or something like that .

Have seen this with bolts for example. 1 x bolt = $19. 1 x same bolt, different color = $1.50. FIIK. You dont want to lose the expensive bolts.
    Last edited by gmh308; May 8th, 2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Updates...

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    You would think GM could manage to design the software so that every year didnt need to have a different part for every model year. They manage to turn the same hardware into different hardware with maybe only one bit being different.
    The change GM made that is causing the error in my opinion was unnecessary, I suspect the changes were made without thinking about what was going to happen when 'x' went in to 'y' because everyone will check the part number!! Most of this could be solved if GM stored the service number of the ECM in the flash, but they don't so there is no way of knowing what ECM revision you are dealing with unless you check the label on the outside of the ECM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Yo

If you built a wiring harness that split the ECM connectors, if you isolated them when that side was not in use it theoretically could work. Honestly its probably too much trouble, swapping ECMs takes only a minute or two after you've done it the first time.
    Hi, I didn't mean wire them both in at the same time, but swap them

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

If you do want to run two ECMs, that will require using two VIN licenses in your FlashScan device. That is because FlashScan licenses against individual controllers, not against the vehicle.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
    Hi, I didn't mean wire them both in at the same time, but swap them
    Ha ok, from the way your original post is worded it sounds like you wanted to be able to switch on the fly (well stop car and restart using other ECM).

I do it this way now, but my factory computers have been sitting under my rear seats untouched for close to 9mo now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    If you do want to run two ECMs, that will require using two VIN licenses in your FlashScan device. That is because FlashScan licenses against individual controllers, not against the vehicle.

Regards
    Paul
    Yep, but if he's going to leave the factory ECM alone, he can pull the tune, license the spare ECM, and flash the factory tune into the spare ECM.

This said, only swapping the ECM wont yield you the results you are looking for. Unfortunately swapping a T43 isnt easy as its inside the trans, if you're concerned about the warranty then maybe tuning isnt the right way to go for you right now. Something to think about.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The change GM made that is causing the error in my opinion was unnecessary, I suspect the changes were made without thinking about what was going to happen when 'x' went in to 'y' because everyone will check the part number!! Most of this could be solved if GM stored the service number of the ECM in the flash, but they don't so there is no way of knowing what ECM revision you are dealing with unless you check the label on the outside of the ECM.
    Yes you can imagine pulling the ECM from a G8 or Camaro to check the hidden PN. Under the battery and requires additional work other than just unplugging and dislodging it

Is the "hardware number" or "calibration" or "OS ID" or "BCC" not actually related to the "Hardware" ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12