Thread: what am i doing wrong?

Default what am i doing wrong?

i just recently got time to install my LC-1 in my 2002 Trans Am. i'm absolutely sure everything is wired correctly according to the directions that came with it. i soldered & shrink wrapped all my connections also. i'm having a few problems though, one is that the stupid little LED does not work at all & the second issue is that i cant get EFILive to find the LC-1. i'm using the TAQ cable & followed its instructions, but my flashscan doesnt show all of the things that the TAQ instructions say to set. i messed around half of the night trying to get it & even updated EFILive, thinking that was the problem. all the flashscan says is WB02 not found or something like that. is there something that i'm missing with both of these issues? does the little LED have to work on the LC-1. i have to do another free air calibration tomorrow as i somehow messed that up tonight as well. can anyone help me out here?

Hi BadLSX,

Did you get the LED in backwards...?
    What two color wires is the LED connected to...?
    Where do what color wires go to...?

Which V2 firmware do you have...?

joecar, i'm not sure where i have the LED wires connected right of the top of my head. i followed Innovates instructions & wired as they said to wire it all together. i will check when i get home from work tomorrow as to where everything is connected & the colors of them.

my firmware is Ver: 2.06.24

i'm just begining with this stuff & while i have several good tunes for the car currently saved, i want to try to do my own tune, to see if i can do it. things like this are starting to discourage me from doing so.

Try downloading the V7.5.6.115 and V8.1.2.95 from here: showthread.php?t=13550

Build 95 includes bootblock 2.6.03 and firmware 2.6.35... Use EFILive Explorere (EE) to flash these into your V2 (do bootblock first, do firmware second).

Then use Scan&Tune (S&T) to set the V2 wideband options (see image below).

Don't be discouraged... it is a learning curve, and I know you'll climb over it... ...patience and persistence (and ask questions).

Thanks joecar. I'm going to double check all my wiring & try what you said. Hopefully I can get it figured out tomorrow

Do you have these:
    - LC-1 serial cable,
    - V2 serial cable.

If so, then see this (post #3): showthread.php?t=9340

If you got the null-modem-adapter from sfcable.com (~$5.00 shipped) you could sanity check your connection with this 3-piece cable.

(for normal logging, it would be preferable to use 1-piece cable like TAQ's cable)

Post up what your connections are, we'll sanity check each one.

joecar, i got the LED issue fixed. it turns out that the LED was bad after i checked & rechecked all of my connections. i replaced the LED & did a free air calibration also. i updated to the new bootblock & firmware also & when i set my Flashscan up & plugged in the TAQ cable, it was reading the same as the gauge in the car. what PID do i need to select to watch the AFR on my laptop while using the scan tool though? i want to thank you for your help.

i have another question for you now though. what is the easiest type of tune to setup for a beginner with EFILive? would it be speed density or MAF? where do i even start? lol

EXT.WO2AFR1 is the pid to log to view as AFR.
    Check out WeathermanShawns tuning method for simplicity. Otherwise you will need to go through the AutoVe method, followed by Automaf if the maf is staying.
    The Tremor at AIR