Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: update lb7 OS?

The problem is the Duramax is quite fussy about getting the correct segments for each truck, this is why you can't really flash any tune from other truck and guarantee it will be happy.
    If you want the latest for your truck the only 'correct' option is to use GM's on-line TIS, this will flash the latest OS for your truck with the correct segments. That will not update a 2001 to what the 2003 trucks were running BTW.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/

Quote Originally Posted by 2001-GMC-LB7 View Post
    Where can I find these OS files???
    I know what you mean about off idle and smoke plumes now and then and i also get a loppy idle off throttle now and then but it clears up in about 5 seconds.
    Thanks.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The problem is the Duramax is quite fussy about getting the correct segments for each truck, this is why you can't really flash any tune from other truck and guarantee it will be happy.
    If you want the latest for your truck the only 'correct' option is to use GM's on-line TIS, this will flash the latest OS for your truck with the correct segments. That will not update a 2001 to what the 2003 trucks were running BTW.
    The 01 OS I had was the latest and greatest that GM had for my VIN and was flashed in with a TECH 2 at a dealer, but I still had ALOT of ghosts in it that I could never get tuned out. I upgraded to a 6006 for an 02(got it from the DP) and all of these issues stopped immediately. I went through and made all of the tables in the 02 match the 01, and none of the issues have returned. 01 OS are just plain fussy in the DMAX, and don't really drive that well. So must of us upgrade to the 4441 or higher as even the 7100 can be quite finicky with bigger tunes. I was running the 8873 with a small tune and could never get it to drive right and consistent, but the 6006 took care of it. The real problems come in with the 9044 OS in 03+ trucks as there were so many different options in them whereas 01-02 didn't have half the stuff in them.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

The 6006 is the best one to run, it is considered a late OS. I run that one and it is a solid one to use.
    Mine2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, D/A. 4in MBRP exhaust, AFE Stage II w/Amsoil Ea air filter, ISSPRO boost/Pyro guages, PPE Boost Valve, EFI Live V2, Maximum OD Stage 2 Trans, Amsoil throughout, AirDog150, modded intake horn.

540HP/1056TQ
    Dyno'd Danville Performance
    April 5th 2011

Hers: 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali, Flowmaster 40 with a bullet style resonator in the back, EFI Live with the help of JoeCar and other great members here.

Lifetime Member

My stock tune in my 01 is 01887305 but I have a dsp5 tune in it now. Does the dsp5 change the OS or would I still benefit from changing the OS to another one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12