Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Engine start on AutoVE.

Default No Engine start on AutoVE.

I increased the C6101 tables by 15% and still got reduced power,P1514 code, I bumped it up to 20% and also adjusted the VE tables with info from last logging and reflashed, now the engine won't start. It fired on a few cylinders and quit, I disconnected the battery for a minute, no help. I reflashed the 15% C6101 table and the previous VE table back in, no help. I stopped for the night. Can't miss happy hour you know.

Cheers, Curt

Edited, meant ETC Predited Air Flow C6101 table bumped 15% and 20%. Using the IFILive AutoVE tutorial, MAF unpluged.
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

Default Re: No Engine start on AutoVE.

Quote Originally Posted by curtbriggs
    I increased the VE tables by 15% and still got reduced power, I bumped them up to 20% and adjusted the VE tables with info from last logging and reflashed, now the engine won't start. It fired on a few cylinders and quit, I disconnected the battery for a minute, no help. I reflashed the 15% with previous VE table back in, no help. I stopped for the night. Can't miss happy hour you know.

Cheers, Curt
    Is it a custom O.S?
    Running MAF?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    I increased the VE tables by 15% and still got reduced power, I bumped them up to 20% and adjusted the VE tables with info from last logging and reflashed, now the engine won't start. It fired on a few cylinders and quit, I disconnected the battery for a minute, no help. I reflashed the 15% with previous VE table back in, no help. I stopped for the night. Can't miss happy hour you know.

Cheers, Curt
    Is it a custom O.S?
    Running MAF?

Cheers,
    Ross
    Ross, I meant ETC Predited Air Flow C6101 table bumped 15% and 20%. Using the IFILive AutoVE tutorial, MAF unpluged.

Thanks, Curt
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

I increased the ETC Predited Air Flow C6101 tables by 15% and still got reduced power,P1514 code, I bumped it up to 20% and also adjusted the VE tables with info from last logging and reflashed, now the engine won't start. It fired on a few cylinders and quit, I disconnected the battery for a minute, no help. I reflashed the 15% C6101 table and the previous VE table back in, no help.

Cheers, Curt[/quote]

Is it a custom O.S?
    Running MAF?

Cheers,
    Ross[/quote]

The O.S. is a 2002.

Curt,
    You will need to increase the predicted airflow by more than the 15-20% as you have adjusted it to.
    I found that to be not enough. Try 200% from the stock figures and see how that goes. You may need to go higher but try 200 to start with.

Cheers Scotty.
    It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

I am sure somewhere on here somebody had posted that you needed to increase them by the amount suggested by Scoota, once the tuning is sorted you can create a new MAP for that pred air table using the scantool mapping feature then paste it in, increase by 20% for some flexibilty and you should be good.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

adjusted the VE tables with info from last logging and reflashed, now the engine won't start. It fired on a few cylinders and quit, I disconnected the battery for a minute, no help.
    I reflashed the 15% C6101 table and the previous VE table back in, no help.
    Using the IFILive AutoVE tutorial, MAF unpluged.
    Right now my main concern is why the engine won't fire.

Thanks Curt

Ok, couple of things to check:

1) Does it start and run with your last known good tune? Just want to confirm that it is the autotune that is the problem.

2) What version of Flashscan are you using? I had a problem or two with some of the pre-release verisons. One time my Idle air tables and throttle cracker got all messed up between tunes - it wouldn't run.

3) Do a tune compare for the autotune and the last known good tune. See if any of the idle or throttle tables have changed. Look for anything you did not intend to change in the autotune.

4) Also, if you are running a 2002 OS on a 99 vehicle - has this worked successfully before your attempts at autotuning? Just checking in case there is some difference between the years for OS.
    2003 Silverado SS
    N/A: 14.257 @ 94.63 mph
    N2O: 13.200 @ 102.3 mph

Lifetime Member

Also, is P1514 still the only DTC set? PM sent.
    2017 Camaro SS, 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 6.7L, 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4̶X̶4̶(now 2WD), 5870lb race weight, 10.93@ 124, Twin TVS1900s, Twin Throttle, 429 LSX, 4L80E, custom 14 bolt rear, V2, R̶o̶a̶d̶R̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶(dead), COS3......
    Gettin' the Groceries

[quote="deezel"]Ok, couple of things to check:

1) Does it start and run with your last known good tune? Just want to confirm that it is the autotune that is the problem.

A: Yes

2) What version of Flashscan are you using? I had a problem or two with some of the pre-release verisons. One time my Idle air tables and throttle cracker got all messed up between tunes - it wouldn't run.

A: 7.3.1 The lastest pre-release.

3) Do a tune compare for the autotune and the last known good tune. See if any of the idle or throttle tables have changed. Look for anything you did not intend to change in the autotune.

A: I reflashed a known good AutoVE tune. I didn't see any change.

4) Also, if you are running a 2002 OS on a 99 vehicle - has this worked successfully before your attempts at autotuning? Just checking in case there is some difference between the years for OS.[/quote

A: Yes, ran fine.

I feel it has to do with my first attemp to change the VE tables with one short log secession. However removing that change didn't correct the no start. I didn't disconnect the battery after that reflash. going out to do that now and check fuses.

Thank, Curt

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast