Thread: 98 c5 m6 bolt ons and cam, cant get this idle worked out!

Default 98 c5 m6 bolt ons and cam, cant get this idle worked out!

ok long story short i do most of the work to this car. it belongs to a buddy of mine. i do all the tuning and i also did the cam. now since my car is down i havent been able to spend time tuning the idle on my own car to get more experience with the idle. i have drivability and wot nailed down. any way we have the same cam.. 230-236 591-601 except his is on a 114 and mine is on a 115. im also and auto and he has etc... the car was doing huge idle swings from 3-400 rpms up to 200. ive read some of the idle guides on here posted by others and it has helped a bit but i cannot get th9is nailed down and its makin me nuts!.. as of right now the wide swings are gone with it only swinging from 8-900 down to 4-500 and it only does it here and there and also after coming to a stop. right now i have the direct airflow tables zeroed out, filtered rpm correction zeroed out, idle spark over-underspeed error is also zeroed out. the throttle follower has 5% added to it. idle spark table matches base spark. and idle flare control has been reduced by 5 degrees.. can anyone help me out here ive been messing with this damn idle on and off for months!
    p.s. ive already done RAFIG RAFN and the tb is not drilled as he wont let me.
    Last edited by MattysTA; May 6th, 2010 at 09:15 PM.

ok efi's site and no answers....

First of all, drilling the throttle plate is completely unnecessary. You've got electronic throttle control so you can do it all with programming. Work with throttle cracker and throttle follower to clear up the remaining idle problems.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590