Thread: idle issues...

Lifetime Member

Default idle issues...

so the car is tuned... my only issue is that when i come to a stop at a light the car goes back down to idle then slightly drops like it wants to die and sometimes redeems it self and does not stall... and sometimes i find myself putting it in park at a stand still at a light so it wont stall....and sometimes its fine...sooooo

any ideas.... on what table's to look at....
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

When I had this issue, what I did was log all the airflow adder pids. Throttle cracker, follower etc & looked for which culprit may have been decaying too fast. This got me close, but since mine had a mid sized cam some tweaking of the airmass & timing tables was necessary to fine tune it.
    The Tremor at AIR

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    When I had this issue, what I did was log all the airflow adder pids. Throttle cracker, follower etc & looked for which culprit may have been decaying too fast. This got me close, but since mine had a mid sized cam some tweaking of the airmass & timing tables was necessary to fine tune it.
    i did the airflow adder tables as u listed then i did add/w lables... i set up a map to look like the table

which airmass table do u speak of?
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

I use the TPS VE table for idle so this was the table I had to tweak. Since reversion causes erronous wideband readings I raised/lowered the values in the necessary cells(while using the Roadrunner) To get the idle to its most stable condition.
    Have a look in the idle section of the pids list. In here you will see pids like GM.IAC_TC_DMA & GM.IAC_TF_DMA which you will need to log while going for a drive. Also log the IAC steps pid GM.IAC. (in the Air section)
    The Tremor at AIR

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    I use the TPS VE table for idle so this was the table I had to tweak. Since reversion causes erronous wideband readings I raised/lowered the values in the necessary cells(while using the Roadrunner) To get the idle to its most stable condition.
    Have a look in the idle section of the pids list. In here you will see pids like GM.IAC_TC_DMA & GM.IAC_TF_DMA which you will need to log while going for a drive. Also log the IAC steps pid GM.IAC. (in the Air section)
    ok thanks

You're working with electronic throttle control, so IAC is irrelevant. The problem is most likely that your desired air flow numbers are too low. Play around with those. You can get an idea of what the numbers should be by watching air flow at idle. Keep in mind that what you see will be higher than the numbers that should be plugged into the desired air flow table because of the various adders. If all else fails, send me the file. I've worked with a few combinations like yours.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Desired airflow is a start point. Use the attached map to log the values needed.
    Do this again in winter to get the colder values.
    As dfe1 said the values you input will be lower than iacdes_b.
    Make sure your idle is high enough to support your mods.
    Next is likely the throttle cracker. With an A4 it's hard to do and if you have a loose converter it's harder still.
    I start with a 2003 Z06 table, since a loose converter acts like a stick at times. I find this one of the more challenging issues to solve.
    An easy way out is to set B4311 at 24 and B4312 at 23. It feels like cheating, though.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2003 red vert
    Mods:
    LS7 crate engine, wet sump, 24xx reluctor
    LPE 100mm MAF
    Vararam, cold air intake and bridge
    RPM Level 6/4L60e trans
    3.42 gears
    Yank SS3600
    1-7/8" AR headers
    Z06 exhaust
    470rwhp 437rwtq
    1/8th mi-1.526-60'-6.862-1/8th-@100.74mph

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1 View Post
    You're working with electronic throttle control, so IAC is irrelevant. The problem is most likely that your desired air flow numbers are too low. Play around with those. You can get an idea of what the numbers should be by watching air flow at idle. Keep in mind that what you see will be higher than the numbers that should be plugged into the desired air flow table because of the various adders. If all else fails, send me the file. I've worked with a few combinations like yours.
    ok which tables are my desired air flow tables?

HERE ARE THE TABLES IVE ADJUSTED/LOGGED...

1. B4307 RAFIG/B4307 RAFPN
    2.B4308 AIRFLOW PARKED
    3.B4309 THROTTLE CRACKER AIRFLOW IN GEAR
    4. B4310 THROTTLE CRACKER AIRFLOW IN PARL/NETURAL
    5. B4315 THROTTLE FOLLOWER AIRFLOW

when logged, i did PASTE AND ADD to adjust in the tune tool....

now i dont have A/C in the car so the A/C tables are useless to me...

i roughly have a 4500 stall in the car... idle is at 900-950 and i have a fairly small cam....

what else am i missing that i can tune?