Thread: Lbz/lmm dsp5

Default Lbz/lmm dsp5

I've started looking at the LBZ & LMM DSP OSes since I'll be flashing a DSP tune into a friend's LMM, and I'll be converting my truck to LBZ. I've noticed that there is no "Valet" option in the DSP5 OS like there was in the LLY OS. I assume that since it's not there at this point, it will not be there? Just curious so I know if I should figure out how to make my "Hidden in plain sight" Valet switch to work the way I want it to again or not. If the valet option isn't going to be added in, then there's no reason to put the time into making it work again.

I will have to send you a keylock dsp5. It can go in plain sight.

I made some nice valet restrictions.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    I've started looking at the LBZ & LMM DSP OSes since I'll be flashing a DSP tune into a friend's LMM, and I'll be converting my truck to LBZ. I've noticed that there is no "Valet" option in the DSP5 OS like there was in the LLY OS. I assume that since it's not there at this point, it will not be there? Just curious so I know if I should figure out how to make my "Hidden in plain sight" Valet switch to work the way I want it to again or not. If the valet option isn't going to be added in, then there's no reason to put the time into making it work again.
    The options that are there currently are it. there is not enough room in the ECM to add stuff like that. We were lucky just to get DSP5.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    The options that are there currently are it. there is not enough room in the ECM to add stuff like that. We were lucky just to get DSP5.
    That's cool, I wasn't trying to get it added, was just curious if I needed to fix my switch or not. To be honest, I never actually used it... If I want to make a valet tune, I could place it in the DSP4 and hide a DPDT switch somewhere that cuts out the DSP5 switch and provides the resistance of the last position.

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    We were lucky just to get DSP5.
    Correct, I recall me clearly saying DSP for the Bosch ECM will never happen . We won't be going back to make more changes at this point.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

If I want to make a valet tune, I could place it in the DSP4 and hide a DPDT switch somewhere that cuts out the DSP5 switch and provides the resistance of the last position.
    offer still stands. it's good for another 16 minutes! It will grow on you.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Correct, I recall me clearly saying DSP for the Bosch ECM will never happen . We won't be going back to make more changes at this point.
    Yep, and all the LBZ guys were super bummed out. Then you announced it a year or two later and everyone was pumped!!

Marketing ploy?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Yep i remember that specifically! lol
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

It's all good. Like I said, I was just curious if there where plans to add it and if I should fix my switch or not. Since the DSP OSes are what they will be, then it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    offer still stands. it's good for another 16 minutes! It will grow on you.
    Thatnks for the offer. To be honest, I never actually used it. The only people that are allowed to get behind the wheel without me watching them like a hawk (which I can count on one hand) I either trust with the big tunes (my best friend and two other friends, one of which owns a mildly tuned LMM) or wouldn't touch the switch to begin with (My wife ). If I ever get the wild hair to add a "Valet" position, I'll just set it up in DSP4 and hide a DPDT switch somewhere.

Lifetime Member

It's all good. Like I said, I was just curious if there where plans to add it and if I should fix my switch or not. Since the DSP OSes are what they will be, then it's all good.

Thatnks for the offer. To be honest, I never actually used it. The only people that are allowed to get behind the wheel without me watching them like a hawk (which I can count on one hand) I either trust with the big tunes (my best friend and two other friends, one of which owns a mildly tuned LMM) or wouldn't touch the switch to begin with (My wife ). If I ever get the wild hair to add a "Valet" position, I'll just set it up in DSP4 and hide a DPDT switch somewhere.
    I like that idea!