Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help bbl bbf

Lifetime Member

Default Need help bbl bbf

BBL:

I get an error msg that says: $0281 No data recieved.
    I am not able to record data through BBL.

BBF:
    I recorded the tun from the car and then flashed the same thing back into the car and this worked. then i modified the tune on my desktop pc and loaded it back into the v2. now that i try to flash this file it says:

$0525 .ctd file is not compatible with current firmware.

What are the resolutions for these two issues?

Lifetime Member

You need to update to the latest software (V7.5.6 b115, V8.1.2 b95) and upgrade your firmware to the latest included with the b95 download (.35). Then format your SD card/internal memory and erase the config area as well. Use V8 S&T and make the proper BBx entries in the BBx section and copy the files to your V2 (just press the program button). Then reread your tune out and modify it with V7, save as a *.ctd and copy that file back to your V2 using EFILive Explorer. Now flash it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

I am on build 114 of version 7,5 and it says that no new update is avail when trying to update with the provided utility.

I have build 94 of the version 8. By using the auto update it states that no update is avail.

Where do you get these build numbers that are incremented by 1 from mine?

[edit]
    I just realised that the links on the download page are logical and can be manually edited to achieve the desired build.

Build 115 of Version 7,5
    http://download.efilive.com/Software....115_Setup.exe
    Build 95 of Version 8
    http://download.efilive.com/Software...2.95_Setup.exe
    Last edited by 2002_z28_six_speed; May 9th, 2010 at 06:23 PM.

Lifetime Member

I was referring to this thread: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=13550
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Doesn't help. After installing the new version and formating the SD card and config area and then going into the EE and copying over the new files into the V2 it just gives me write errors and wont copy all to the V2

Does your V2 have bootblock 2.6.3 and firmware 2.6.35...?

With V2 connected to PC, try running Scan&Tune (S&T), and from each of Device Settings and Black Box Settings, click Program.

With build 115, you will have to do this again: open tunetool, open your .tun file, Save As .ctd, exit tunetool. Use EE to copy that new .ctd to V2.

Lifetime Member

Yup anytime I try to copy all of the files from the ..\..\V8\Config\ directory to the V2 it gives me write errors:
    Error: $0194: Write failure.

It might be nice to add a feature to EE where it shows the total number of files selected so you can compare and make sure all are on the V2. I guess in this case it might not matter because I only care about E38. Not cool that you can't Ctrl+A and copy all, though. I had to copy the files 10 at a time to get them all on there.
    The E38s are on there along with most everything I noted as an important system file.

I was able to BBF but I had to use a read of the tune taken through the pass-thru+laptop. Take that .tun and convert it like you said. I was not able to take a read from the BBR and then tune it on a desktop and then BBF that tune. Won't work...

As for BBL, I am still getting that error for no data received. I noticed that it looks like it displays E38 and then the TCM name on the display when I select the PID list on the V2. I have a stick. Could it be looking for the TCM and not working because my car doesn't have it?

Thanks for the help you two.
    Last edited by 2002_z28_six_speed; May 10th, 2010 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_z28_six_speed View Post

I was not able to take a read from the BBR and then tune it on a desktop and then BBF that tune. Won't work...

What happens when you do this...?

Not to butt in , but got this same error code , it seems the V2 needs to be Formated and then data written , or at least that is what I had to do . To much data and the V2 spits out the $0194 error code (no room) .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Select only config files that you're gonna be using... There's not enough room for all of them.
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast