Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help bbl bbf

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_z28_six_speed View Post
    As for BBL, I am still getting that error for no data received. I noticed that it looks like it displays E38 and then the TCM name on the display when I select the PID list on the V2. I have a stick. Could it be looking for the TCM and not working because my car doesn't have it?
    Yes, that is exactly the problem.

Using the V8 ScanAndTune software in the Black Box Settings window, you need to edit the E38/T43 option and remove the T43 transmission for that option. Or create a new option with only the E38 controller selected.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Yup anytime I try to copy all of the files from the ..\..\V8\Config\ directory to the V2 it gives me write errors:
    Error: $0194: Write failure.
    You should only copy the files that you need. The Black Box Settings option in the V8 ScanAndTune software knows which files are needed and will copy only the files that are required for the selections that you make in that window.

It might be nice to add a feature to EE where it shows the total number of files selected so you can compare and make sure all are on the V2. I guess in this case it might not matter because I only care about E38.
    You should really be using the Black Box Settings option in the V8 ScanAndTune software to configure FlashScan for BBL, BBR and BBF duties. EFILive Explorer is really only for copying tune and log files to/from FlashScan. (Although you can use it to configure the [Config] files if you want to do it manually, but its not recommended).

Not cool that you can't Ctrl+A and copy all, though. I had to copy the files 10 at a time to get them all on there.
    Ctrl+A works, so does Ctrl+Click (for multi select) and Shift+Click (for range select). To make Ctrl+A work, you need to click in the list where you want to "select all" before pressing Ctrl+A.

You can also drag/drop (or Copy/Paste) files between EFILive Explorer and Windows Explorer.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Resolved

Or at least everything seems to be working so far.

When trying to copy all (or more than 10?) in EE I get a folder not found error.
    Before S&T I could copy them in one shot.
    It's a no-brainer to use S&T for this now.

In EE you can compare the dates of the config files programmed into the V2 and whats in the config folder.
    If the config folder has files with a newer dates then just copy those files.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

yea the last time i used efi live there was not even a Scan and Tune. It was just EE. So it is a lot better but I didn't find any documentation so I had those minor bumps.

I did not know that Scan and Tune would automatically put the files on the V2 for you. I thought that was still manual since EE was still included in the package. Also the last car I tuned was E38 with the TCM so I didn't have that issue. Before that it was the older style LS1 so when I tuned a manual I didn't know to do that either.

The more you know I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12