Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another lc1 question.. afr doesn't match on v2

Default Another lc1 question.. afr doesn't match on v2

OK I'm hoping someone has seen this before or maybe I'm missing something totally stupid. Using serial port into my v2. LC1 reads 14.7 at idle give or take of course but it looks fine on my gauge and on my logworks software. I connect it to my v2 and it seems it is reading correct in lamda and eq. Operative word... SEEMS LOL. I will admit that I'm lamda and eq retarded but either way both are close to 1.000 @ idle and fluctuate like I think they should. I watched both and when I'd rev it I would see like a .8xx lamda and 1.1xx eq or somewhere in that area and vice versa on decel.

But for some reason on my v2(8.1.2 build 95) and on scan 7.5.6 build 115 the AFR is showing somewhere in the area of 4.0-6.0:1 AFR, and it would make sense that they match but it makes NO SENSE that it is that far off from what my gauge/logworks is reading.

If anyone has had this issue I could sure use a little help. I've been searching for a while and I couldn't find any threads with an issue like I'm having.

I don't have any logs and I'm not sure that would be even important at this point. I need to make sure everything works before I even start on that.

Thanks
    Kris

Usually when AFR is unreasonable with Innovate WBO2s it's because the fuel type in the LM programmer is custom.
    But it would be wrong in both Flashscan & Logworks.

I haven't heard of a bug like this in build (115) but stranger things have happened.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Kris,

V2 with serial connection should read the same as Log Works.

Which AFR pid are you using...?

When the AFR is different, what do the LAM and EQR pids say...?

Can you post a log file.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Usually when AFR is unreasonable with Innovate WBO2s it's because the fuel type in the LM programmer is custom.
    But it would be wrong in both Flashscan & Logworks.

I haven't heard of a bug like this in build (115) but stranger things have happened.
    The bug isn't in build 115. I was using 88 and it was doing the same thing. I've updated to all the latest and greatest, bootblock, firmware, efilive etc etc. I think the problem is in the v2 cable.
    With a serial wideband there is no adjustment as far as I know correct? It's data not voltage so what it says is what it says from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Kris,

V2 with serial connection should read the same as Log Works.

Which AFR pid are you using...?

When the AFR is different, what do the LAM and EQR pids say...?

Can you post a log file.
    I have my v2 set to innovate. EFIlive is set to WBO2_LC11 or something like that. Might have have been external WBO2. I don't think the PIDs I'm logging on my laptop at the moment are the problem. What my cable(v2) says and what EFIlive(scan) says match. The problem is those numbers are so far out of reality that I'm confused.

The AFR is reading somewhere around 4.5 with my V2, logworks is reading 14.7 through the serial cable, my gauge is reading 14.7. I thought for a second that it was missing a 1 so 4 = 14 but that was not even close to correct. When my AFRs are in the 11s-12s my V2 shows about 5.xx~6.

Like I said it would SEEM that LAMDA and EQ are correct. When it goes rich to lean they both cross @ 1.000. Lamda is near 1.000, EQ is near 1.000 but AFR is @ 4.xx. I'm verifying this with my V2 and watching my gauge at the same time.

I can log a file tonight and show you guys what's going on if needed. What pids do I need to log? Anything LC1 that says EQ, LAMDA and AFR?

I seriously think the issue is in my cable. :(

Thanks again
    Kris

Ok, you have to use these pids for serial wideband:
    EXT.WO2AFR1
    EXT.WO2EQR1
    EXT.WO2LAM1
    EXT.WO2ST1

And the BEN pid is: CALC.BEN1

If you automatically set those up in S&T Device Settings then you don't need to include them in your pidlists in S&T Black Box Settings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S&T - Device Settings - BBL.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	7896   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S&T - Device Setings - Serial IO.png 
Views:	214 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	7897  

The pids called AFR_LC1x and BEN_LC1x are for analog wideband, you don't need those anymore.

You can also check the serial AFR/lambda/eqr in real time by viewing those on the V2 LCD:
    on V2 menu go Scan Tool -> Data Logging -> Display WO2.

I'll check that setting and see where it takes me. If that doesn't do anything I'll post that log with all those PIDs. It will just be a short idle log, I'll blip throttle a few times. Anything else I should log while I'm doing that?

The pids called AFR_LC1x and BEN_LC1x are for analog wideband, you don't need those anymore.
    That's what I thought. That's why I was looking at external WBO2.

You can also check the serial AFR/lambda/eqr in real time by viewing those on the V2 LCD:
    on V2 menu go Scan Tool -> Data Logging -> Display WO2.
    ^That's exactly what I've been doing that's how I came to the conclusion that the EQ/Lamda look right but AFR is all messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by picnic_george View Post
    I'll check that setting and see where it takes me. If that doesn't do anything I'll post that log with all those PIDs. It will just be a short idle log, I'll blip throttle a few times. Anything else I should log while I'm doing that?
    If you include a cold start in that log, it will show a rich AFR that slowly progresses to stoich as engine warms up and CL kicks in.

Log HO2S11 and HO2S21 also for sanity check, keep channel count to 24 or less, I want to see the HO2S switching.

Sanity check: you did plug in the LC-1 terminator plug into SERIAL IN...?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast