Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Autocal?

Lifetime Member

I don't have a problem buying 5 at a time I was just expecting the price to be a little lower.
    What is the MSRP on these ?? The The DiabloSport Predator retails for $375
    That only leaves $75 for tuners to make with the autocal ?

Lifetime Member

The DS Predator cannot and will not ever be able to tune the T43, only the Trinity and their Predator replacement, the inTune will be able to and the pricing will certainly be higher on it.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    So the autocal can hold 8 licenses but only 3 tunes ?? How are the licenses applied to the autocal ?
    Can the autocal do a COS or DSP ??
    AutoCal has 6MB of storage which can hold between 2 and 8 tunes depending on the size of the *.ctd file. (We are working on making the *.ctd files smaller).
    You can copy tunes to/from AutoCal to your PC/laptop so really there is no limit to the number of tunes you can use with AutoCal. The only limit is the number that you can have on there at any one time.

Originally AutoCal was only going to have one VIN license but after extensive consultations with our resellers it was clear that allowing multiple vehicles per AutoCal device to be flashed was prudent. It covers that most obvious case where a tuner sells an AutoCal to a customer and that customer has multiple vehicles that he want the tuner to manage. In that situation the customer only needs one AutoCal.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I don't have a problem buying 5 at a time I was just expecting the price to be a little lower.
    What is the MSRP on these ?? The The DiabloSport Predator retails for $375
    That only leaves $75 for tuners to make with the autocal ?
    We (EFILive) don't consider the AutoCal to be a product that will normally be on-sold by tuners to their customer "as is" for any sizable retail margin.
    The value-add (i.e. the tuner's margin) is realized when the tuner adds a tune to the AutoCal device. That's what AutoCal has been designed for, a tune delivery platform.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    They don't have to be. The AutoCal's can be licensed to any FlashScan device.
    If a tuner is selling an AutoCal to a customer who does not have a FlashScan, then the tuner would license the AutoCal to his own FlashScan and manage the customer's tunes himself.
    If a tuner is selling an AutoCal to a customer who does have a FlashScan, then the tuner could choose to allow the customer to license the AutoCal to the customer's own FlashScan. In that case the customer would be sort of "on his own" since only the customer himself could create tunes for the AutoCal now that it is licensed to his own FlashScan.

Regards
    Paul
    So why would the web site be looking for a FlashScan SN on check out ??

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    We (EFILive) don't consider the AutoCal to be a product that will normally be on-sold by tuners to their customer "as is" for any sizable retail margin.
    The value-add (i.e. the tuner's margin) is realized when the tuner adds a tune to the AutoCal device. That's what AutoCal has been designed for, a tune delivery platform.

Regards
    Paul
    I guess if you count the license that it comes with, that offsets the cost by 100 bux.
    How are licenses added to the autocal ??

Lifetime Member

I guess if you count the license that it comes with, that offsets the cost by 100 bux.
    How are licenses added to the autocal ??
    Just like a V2, buy a license from EFILive, they email you the confirmation code, you put it in just like adding a license to a V2, and done.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Does the AutoCal come with it's own serial # ??

Does the AutoCal come with it's own serial # ??
    Yeh it sure does (has to actually for licensing). When you "link" an AutoCal to a FlashScan V2 the serial number of the V2 is burnt into the AutoCal license field.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Yeh it sure does (has to actually for licensing). When you "link" an AutoCal to a FlashScan V2 the serial number of the V2 is burnt into the AutoCal license field.
    So if the SN is the same how do you know which device the license is actually going on to ??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast