Thread: Does the V2 work w/RR PCM?

Default Does the V2 work w/RR PCM?

As the title say's.If so,Where's the best place to upgrade to it.Thanks..............Paul

The RoadRunner PCM emulator and FlashScan v1/V2 are sort of unrelated. Tuning the RoadRunner is done via direct USB connection from your PC to the RR device (or option Bluetooth interface).

The FlashScan v1/V2 are used for scanning of the vehicle, which is seen to be no different from an actual stock PCM controller.

Lastly, are you looking to purchase the RoadRunner PCM or upgrade to FlashScan V2?

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    The RoadRunner PCM emulator and FlashScan v1/V2 are sort of unrelated. Tuning the RoadRunner is done via direct USB connection from your PC to the RR device (or option Bluetooth interface).

The FlashScan v1/V2 are used for scanning of the vehicle, which is seen to be no different from an actual stock PCM controller.

Lastly, are you looking to purchase the RoadRunner PCM or upgrade to FlashScan V2?

Cheers,
    I have the RR in my Corvette and I have the V1.What I wanted to do was upgrade to the V2 for the Vette and I was going to leave the V1 in my Truck.Does the V2 tune by itself yet or do I have to go through my laptop,I haven't been following it.Once I have the V2 I don't have to switch the small V1 box thing from the vette to the truck any more right? I can leave the V1 in the truck...........Paul

If I upgrade to the V2 do I need this in the car anymore

You'd replace it with the FlashScan V2 interface. IT is still necessary in the vehicle to scan/log. That is not does via the USB to the RoadRunner.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

IT is still necessary in the vehicle to scan/log. That is not does via the USB to the RoadRunner.
    The V1 or V2 is necessary? Explain that last sentence please

That was a crappy sentence on re-reading .

The RoadRunner USB interface is used ONLY for tuning (the EFILive Tune Tool).

Scanning/data logging (Scan Tool) still requires either a FlashScan V1 or FlashScan V2 device. Scanning is not possible over the USB interface. So, yes the V1/V2 is necessary.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

OK now we are getting some where.So the V2 has to be connected to my laptop to tune.The V2 does not flash a tune to my RR by it self.

Yeah a laptop is still required due to the USB requirement to tune the RoadRunner. The RoadRunner can not be "flashed" through the OBDII port like a regular PCM.

The FlashScan V2 is able to do Black Box Reading and Flashing now but unfortunately not on the RoadRunner PCM.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Yeah a laptop is still required due to the USB requirement to tune the RoadRunner. The RoadRunner can not be "flashed" through the OBDII port like a regular PCM.

The FlashScan V2 is able to do Black Box Reading and Flashing now but unfortunately not on the RoadRunner PCM.
    Right,That I know.Ahhhhh OK.Now I got it.I forgot the RR is seperate.OK then I can use the V2 in my truck instead.It took me awhile but I got it Thanks man for your help.......................Paul