Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Probably a newb question

Default Probably a newb question

Hey guys Ive been around tinkering here and there but Im really wanting to get serious about getting my tune ironed out as I still think its running rich at idle and part throttle conditions and who knows at WOT. It was done by Texas Speed but I think its junk. Anyways Im looking at getting an LM1 wideband and currently have V1 Commercial. Ive been doing a lot of reading lately and have some questions. Its my understanding that with the LM1 and V1 can you only read with analog to the scantool? And if so does it only show up as a voltage signal in the scan tool representing a programmed AFR or does it show up as voltage and actual AFR both?? Id like to know if it shows up actual AFR which is easier and no conversions. Please any help is appreciated as I've read all tutorials etc etc. Joecar? Blacky?? Thanks

Here is my current NA tune and N20 Tune which I think are junk.
    Attached Files Attached Files

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Brian:

I know for sure that the LM-2 with V2 is serial connection. I think the trick is to have V2.

But, a lot of tuners successfully use analog. Mr. Prick (forum member) has some good tips on setting them up.

I looked over Tune 1 real quick. Looks like MAF-Enabled Closed-Loop Tune. It does look like the High-Octane Spark, MAF Table, and Desired Airflow have been worked. As always, there are areas to improve..especially the PE AFR..

Hopefully, someone with more wideband knowledge will speak up. Its not a 'bad tune''..its definitely not stock..but it is 'doable'..

Good luck..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

am i understanding it right that it would show up as voltage and not the actual AFR?? Or would the scantool show both the voltage and actual afr?

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Brian, I am 99.9% sure it is both voltage and AFR (I did once run an analog wideband connection)..It takes some programming to correlate the voltages to AFR..but if memory serves me right..either the generic pids or a calculated pid will get you there.

The serial is nice..because it is essentially all 'automatic'. As you indicated, just do another shout-out to Joecar or Mr. prick..They will get you set-up.

Later..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Efilive comes with pre programmed pids to convert the analog voltage to AFR. The LM-1 factory voltage output however is pretty ordinary in regards to resolution. So the best bet here is to use the LM programmer software to change the output voltage to mimic the LC-1. Then use the LC-1 pids in your data maps.
    Once you get familiar with the scantool I can show you how to minimise the errors from ground offsets etc.
    The Tremor at AIR

Yes, it shows up as both voltage and AFR... like 5.7ute said, the scantool has pre-made AFR pid for the LM-1, but you can program the LM-1 to give better resolution...

if you program it to mimic the LC-1 then you use the LC-1 pid.

5.7ute has a method to cancel out any voltage offset.

5.7ute what method is it that you have?

Have a look through this thread & the other linked threads in it. It involves reprogramming the LM-1 to the LC-1 pid voltage on one channel & a flat voltage on the other plus a modification of the generic txt file. If you post your Calc.pids txt file I can add it to this instead to prevent an overwrite every time you do an upgrade. (the generic txt file is always overwritten)
    The Tremor at AIR

5.7ute programs the secondary channel on the LC-1 to output some constant known voltage say 2.5V.

Then in the calc pid for the primary channel, he subtracts the difference between 2.5V and the voltage FlashScan sees from the secondary channel and then converts to AFR.

The Tremor at AIR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast