Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lmm dsp5 issue!

Default Lmm dsp5 issue!

Ok so i removed a PPE from an 07.5 LMM. Installed a DSP5 tune i built. I had a mileage tune for the base tune and wanted to move it to the DSP3 position so i copied and pasted the tables accordingly and returned the base tune to stock power level. Base, DSP 1,2, and 4 work properly, however when i turn it to DSP 3 the truck dies. It dies sort of slowly not like switching the key off. I have the latest software i think, with the 34 firmware. Oh one more detail, after i built the tune with all these changes. i made a script file of it and and applied it do a stock DSP 5. I have looked over the #3 folders and can't see any problems. Used DVT controls and ran Rail pressure up to around 95 MPa and truck would run on DSP 3. I'm lost.
    Last edited by cumminsDK; May 19th, 2010 at 12:47 PM. Reason: left out DVT detail

have you logged your dsp voltages to see if you entering unknown territory?

what switch are you using?
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

I was thinking about this the other day, say if you wanted to change locations of your tune on your switch couldnt you just change the voltage parameter instead of redoing or copying and paste crap around?
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

if the voltage were too high it would stay in the base tune, otherwise it is one or another DSP except if it drops to zero not sure what that would do. i have logged the DSP and it says DSP3 when in position, and i use only switches i purchase from Nick @ www.duramaxtuner.com, which i have had only good experiences with and i also receive great support from Nick.

i have also posted this problem on DieselPlace.com and Cindy has been helping me there if anyone wants to follow along, but for now her advice is to start over form scratch with the DSP5

Sounds like you have done this a few times, but the important thing is to ensure the units (imperial / metric) are set the same between your script and the Tune Tool when creating the script and applying it. A mismatch can cause odd settings to occur.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

AGAIN, log your voltages and post them. Then post your voltage settings from your dsp settings.

try altering the voltage settings, so that dsp3 is not registered on any switch position. If the problem goes away, then you likely have a problem in one of the dsp3 tables.

also, just a thought, if you are tetering on a voltage fence, you might be getting anomolous results.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

ok just wanted to update the post. I ended up full flashing another DSP5 tune from another truck in with same OS and options. Now everything works great. Just had another truck come in today (LMM) that had had a hypertec programmer on it. Returned truck to stock with the hypertec then used the only good custom programming tool on it. Same issue DSP3 truck dies. so this time i take a similar DSP5 tune (different tunes but same OS and Options) and make a script file for the differences between this tune and the one i just built. applied the script so that the new tune that worked would have the same power levels as the one i built off of the previously hypertec tuned trucks stock tune. the script file carried over whatever glitch was left by the hypertec. WOW! so now i take the similar tune modify the tables to match manually without scripting and the tune works fine. nice to know the problem can be carried over in a script file. whatever is causing this is in a table somewhere in the ECM that i cannot see in EFI, because i have been over every single one and all is the same in one that DSP3 doesn't work as one that does.

Lifetime Member

thats just weird...
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

A full flash should wipe out any stains from the other programmer
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

yes and that is what i have had to do however the DSP5 built off of the "stained" tune still has the stain. and if you script with a stained tune it carries the stain in the script file to any tune you use it on. like bballer said its just weird!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast