Thread: 2 BAR COS on E40 LS2

Default 2 BAR COS on E40 LS2

This may be a simple question, but is it right that the only new table/parameters I now have after apply the 2bar OS upgrade is the boost VE table?
    The setup guide mentions a host of other options that should be available but this is all I can see. Was expecting maybe a boost spark table also.

Lifetime Member

E40s do not get all the enhancements that COSs for the LS1 PCM get.

It lists the modifications as:
    This upgrade allows the ECM to control fuel and spark up to approx 21psi of boost.
    Also applied in this upgrade is the following -
    Rescaled cooling fan temperature table to allow the fans to turn on lower than 192°F/89°C.
    MAF out of bounds error with high airflow motors.
    TCS still active when the MAF sensor is removed.

I did the upgrade on a 05 Vette E40 and found the VE, fan, MAF, and TCS stuff. Didnt see the Spark on quick glance though, I look further in the morning when Im fresh.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks
    That confirms most things are missing. The Spark boost tables would have been nice but can't find them.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxHSV View Post
    Thanks
    That confirms most things are missing. The Spark boost tables would have been nice but can't find them.
    Not really, the E40 COS was never designed to have the extra features the LS1s dp. It was just designed to run boost.

Still wondering about the spark table though.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Well I like the E40 as It seems very capable and the last PCM with a VE table. I don't see why it can't have
    a COS every bit as good as the LS1. Seeing as the timing table uses (Grams/cyl air) you could simply find out
    what levels would be attainable on motor alone from there up would be your boost table. The same thing could
    be done on the LS1 but the E40 tables are more generous. They go up to 1.36 vs 1.2 that is actually a lot of
    air per intake stroke.

I found this post because I was wondering why the COS tables weren't in the Custom Calibration folder.
    I guess it doesn't make any sense if there is only one table and a couple of settings.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Not really, the E40 COS was never designed to have the extra features the LS1s dp. It was just designed to run boost.

Still wondering about the spark table though.

The Hi & Lo Maps go up to something like 1.32 g cyl and 8160rpm if i remeber corectly, stock g cyl is around .72, I don't think you need a boost map?

Lifetime Member

So Gelf VXR you are saying that is somewhere around 15-17 psi positive pressure right

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    So Gelf VXR you are saying that is somewhere around 15-17 psi positive pressure right
    I think that would all depend on your VE table and compressor, obviously there's a limit, but that's where the boost spark would be commanded IMHO

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    . Seeing as the timing table uses (Grams/cyl air) you could simply find out
    what levels would be attainable on motor alone from there up would be your boost table.
    just seen this post, yes I agree

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gelf VXR View Post
    just seen this post, yes I agree
    Slow up......take your time and read. LOL
    I have good stuff to say every once in a while.
    I believe Ross didn't see the need for the extra table, since the stock table is
    so good. Also it's a small market I'm pretty sure the E40 only came on the
    LS2 and LS4.