Thread: Flashing stock PCM

Default Flashing stock PCM

Hey guys I have a quick question.
    I have a mail order tune from Wait 4 Me Performance from when I first got my truck. They sent me a new PCM so I took my old stock one and set it aside and had the crank relearn done on the new W4M one. I have modified the
    W4M tune some since I have done some mods and used one credit on this PCM. I will be sending my W4M PCM back to him to retune it for my new cam, headers and some other little stuff, and was wondering if I flashed my stock PCM with the current tune will it use a credit? I wanted to do this so I don't have any down time with my truck, and I have one credit left to flash. Thanks

If you have never flashed your original PCM before, then yes it will cost you another licence. ie 1 licence for 1 pcm.

How does it know one PCM from the other? My W4M PCM had the the crank relearn done and the vin info and everything is the same for my stock PCM.

The license attaches via the PCM's serial number.

Have you previously flashed your PCM...?

If so, then instead of sending him your PCM can't you just send him the file from this PCM (save on shipping costs)...?.

I asked him if I could have him e-mail me the tune and he said that his software was different than mine and that he couldn't do it like that. He said that he helped do the software for EFI Live. It would be so much easier if he could and would do it that way, or if I had the experience to do it all myself. I know most of the other tuners I have talked to will e-mail you your updated tunes if you can flash it on your own but he won't.

I just might try and do the tuning on my own using all the help I can get. I just purchased a new LC-1 with gauge, so I should have everything other than the knowledge to do it on my own. I just really need the guidance and proper parameters needed to tune it.

That makes sense for the PCM to have a seial #. Thank you for the clarification.