Thread: 4wd to 2wd os

Default 4wd to 2wd os

Does anyone know where I can get a 2wd os. I took the stock transfer case out and put in a divorced NP205 and since it is a manual Tcase and there is no speed sensors, I would like to get rid of that part of the harness and make the messages go away on the dash.

What year vehicle? What messages? If the messages are from an active transfer case, you will need to deal with that module (TCCM).
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Yeah I guess the vehicle information would help.

It's a 2001 Chevy 2500HD 8.1L Allison tranny 4x4. I'm not sure which model tcase came with it but I replaced it with a divorced NP205. Since the 205 has not no speed sensor hook ups or the plugs that would normally activate the Tcase I'm getting the message "service 4 wheel drive" on my gauge cluster. the speed sensors I'm not so concerned about because I can just rig up an exciter ring on my drive shaft and still have those functioning. Let me know if u need anymore info about the truck. Thanks
    01' Silverado CCLB 4x4 2500 8.1L & Allison- solid front axle conversion, 3 linked Dana 70 axles w/ 6.17 gears front & rear, ARB lockers front and rear, hydro rear steer, hydro assist front steer, King 4.0 bypass & 3.0 coil overs w/ 2.5 bumpstops, divorced NP205, 52x21 Firestone Turf & Field tires, 24" wheels

04' Silverado CCLB 4x4 3500 dually LLY & Allison- S&B intake, LBZ MP, PCV reroute, Banks Techni-Cooler, Silverline exhaust 6" RCD lift, 16" KMC Rockstars, 35" Nittos

You could try and remove the TCCM and see if the message takes a hike. It is located in the dash behind the light and 4wd buttons. The PCM does need the VSS input.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"