Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2000 S-10 0411 Question

Lifetime Member

No prob, even if you just want another set of eyes to take a quick peek!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I've made a .tun file based on a 2002 S-10 Baseline, copied both the Engine Calibration and Engine Diagnostics into the S-10 file from the original 2002 Express program from my computer. I then modified the rear axle to 3.08 (I've got a 3.42 rear end, just need to clean it up and replace all brakes), and adjusted the gas tank size to 70L.

One question if I may. Should I first fix all the DTC issues with the original computer (I have three - Alternator code, Crank relearn and a fuel gauge issue) and then copy the two sections, or put this program in first, and see what codes I get then?

Thanks for your opinions!

Bill.

Lifetime Member

Id try it as is, the crank relearn will go away once you do the relearn manually via scan tool DVTs, alternator code Im not sure (do you need to set the platform options differently, I dont know just thinking out loud), and fuel guage I have no clue.

Remember to full flash! Then do the Crank relearn, I dont think that gets overwritten in a full flash...might be wrong though.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Thanks. I'll see how it goes on Saturday!

Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post

Remember to full flash! Then do the Crank relearn, I dont think that gets overwritten in a full flash...might be wrong though.
    Just a question. The PCM was from a 2002 Savana 1500, and already has the correct operating system. Isn't the full reflash used to change the operating system prior to flashing? I've been reading the help file to make sure I know what I'm doing.

Thanks.

Lifetime Member

Well no, you're going to use the base OS of a Blazer tune. The engine segment is only part of the file, this is what will be different over every other stock Blazer OS/Cal. You'd have to full flash the tune in anyway even if you started with a PCM that had the correct Blazer OS as the engine segment will be from a Van now and not a Blazer. Hope that makes sense.

Full flashing can change the OS, but it also is designed to update parts of the actual OS that EFILive doesnt let you modify in tables. For example, the Engine segment has the tables you can actually see in EFILive plus a LOT of code that actually runs the engine. Since you are modifying this code in the tune file via the seg swap, you must update it in the PCM by full flashed it into the PCM otherwise you could end up with a Van engine calibration and a Blazer engine OS. BAD, I dont think EFILive will let you do this but I havent tested it.

For LS1s, I think you can just full flash the Blazer tune + Van engine segment + tables modified into it and be done, I know both my E67 and T42 were that way. Running a COS is different though, the OS EFILive provides is just the OS and you cant actually add a calibration to it until it is read back out. Not sure why.

P.S. Why do all my posts have this HUGE blank area between my text and sig? There arent any extra lines after I end my posts...
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; May 27th, 2010 at 05:57 PM.
    ~Erik~

Open both tun files in separate EFI_Live programs. If the OS match and have the same checksum you can be fairly sure both of the OS will match and a cal only reflash will be fine. If the OS numbers or checksums are different, perform a full flash.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Thanks for the info. I need to do the crank relearn, and I see how to do it on page 152, but I can't see how to do it in the software. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

in the scan tool it's in the dvt area.
    411 is the best upgraded for the l31 motors (other that going to eficonnection's 24x cnp set up) ls1 style
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

Thanks Tokymon. I reflashed the computer with a new program. I hasn't asked for a relearn yet, but I'll get it done if needed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast