Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $0183 error, how to fix?

Default $0183 error, how to fix?

Tried to set V2 up for BBR and BBF...have everything up to date....firmware, tune tool, scan and tune.

But what is not letting me do the BBx stuff is in EFI Explorer...I can not copy the config files over...it keeps saying $0183, Invalid Folder. So I reformatted the SD card, now every tab (scan, tune, config, date/time) throw this error when I try to refresh them. Any ideas??

Try this...

• Hook up the V2 to your computer
    • In EFILive Explorer, got to the "Config Files" tab
    • Backup any files you may want to keep a copy of by copying them to a backup folder on your computer. I would at least copy your "Options.txt" file if you have customised it.
    • At the bottom left of the EFILive Explorer screen, select "Format Config" to format the config filesystem.
    • Close EFILive Explorer
    • Open EFILive Scan and Tune
    • Open "Black Box Settings"
    • Click on "Open" at the bottom of the screen.
    • Browse to the where you backed up the "Options.txt" file and select it and click OK to load the file.
    • Check that the settings look correct in the PID selection window.
    • Click on "Program" at the bottom of the screen.

This should copy over all the required files for the selected controllers set in your Options.txt file.

Simon.

Thanks, that was probably the first or second thing I tried to do...the problem is that I can not access the files under the Config tab to back them up or do anything in the first place. It throws that error when I do attempt to, even after reformatting. I did however manage to back up the tune and scan files before I reformatted the entire card.

OK, sorry, when I read the title I thought you were having issues setting up for BB-Functions.

$0183 is a generic filesystem error when accessing the SD card, so the normal checks are...

• Check that you can access the card in a PC card reader.
    • Ensure that the SD card was formatted in the V2, so that the directory structure is created
    • Check the SD card access in the V2 http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....hlight=%240183
    • ensure the "write protect" tab has not been moved to prevent writing to the card.

I have found that I quite often need to do the SD card check ( though the later firmware seems a lot better ), so I'd look at doing that. I actually do the check as a std. precess every time I put an SD card in to the V2.

Simon

Lifetime Member

Honestly you shouldnt use EFILive Explorer to do anything but copy BBL and BBR/BBF files to your V2. All config files and options.txt should be created through V8 S&T under Black Box Settings.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I thought I said that :p

I don't even use EFILive Explorer that much. I only use it for firmware updates and formatting the config filesystem. As I only BBL to an SD card, I just use that in the SD card slot built into the laptop.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    I thought I said that :p

I don't even use EFILive Explorer that much. I only use it for firmware updates and formatting the config filesystem. As I only BBL to an SD card, I just use that in the SD card slot built into the laptop.
    Ah you did! Brain fart on my end.

I dont even use EFIE for firmware updates anymore, simpler to just fire up EFILive HAPI and click the firmware tab and press upgrade. I only use it really for checking the config filesystem to make sure the proper files are copied over (and lately Ive been skipping this one, did this more so in beta). I use the SD slot in my laptop to copy logs and tunes from my SD card and then put it back into my V2.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

In EFILive Explorer, is there supposed to be a "Data Files" tab? I do not have this tab.

It is the "F3" key.
    Al
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4beeae42.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	7908  
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

screenshot of mine...why do I not have that tab? Did they update the explorer at all?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast