Thread: VIN from ECM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default VIN from ECM

I didn't get the VIN number from the car that my ECM came out of. I was told that I could get it from the ECM using EFIlive; does someone know how this is done. I did a swap into a chevelle and this will be my first time using EFIlive. Any help will be appreciated.

Use the tunetool to read the PCM and save to file... the VIN will be displayed on the first page.

Thank you

Lifetime Member

Thats the best way as you're probably going to need to modify the tune file to use the engine in your Chevelle. However, you can also get the VIN by using the Tune tool and Clicking Flash -> Show PCM Info, then select the proper PCM/ECM/TCM and click Get Info. Just another way for those who dont want to read the entire tune out just to see the VIN.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Can't you just plug in the V2 and press F3 F1 F1? You don't even need a computer.

Ira

I used Joecar's method today and it worked fine. I got the the tune modified and the car ran good, A LOT more low and mid range than the carb. motor I took out. Now I just need to learn more to fine tune all the parameters.