Thread: LBZ ECM dead after reflash & recovered

Default LBZ ECM dead after reflash & recovered

Ross and Paul, just an FYI, you might want to remove C2201-C2206 from the LBZ ECM calibrations. If you change them (I only changed C2205 to 4V, but I assume any of them would have the same result), and after the cal flash, the ECM was brain dead. No crank, no guages, Tech2 just looked at me like "Yeah? And?". V2 didn't detect the ECM, just the TCM & GPCM. Fortunately EFILive was able to recover the ECM and it's alive again. Apparently there's SOMETHING that allows the ECM to know something's changed and kills itsself.

Lifetime Member

was that in your swap?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    was that in your swap?
    Only in so much as I was trying to get the ECM to be happy with the gasser pedal until the LBZ one arrives. It's ticked even with the pedal DTC's disabled, and changing the voltage in the Pedal diagnostics results in a dead (but recoverable - at least in my case) ECM.

Lifetime Member

Yeah the way those DTC's report in the Bosch ECM's is weird. Like there might even be more tables that deal with DTC's that Ross doesn't know about.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME