Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: locking ecm

Default locking ecm

why am i not able to lock 06+ ecm's? when i go to the locking tool it says ecm is equiped with a standard key (not locked).

Can you please confirm the software and firmware versions you have installed? As the time of this post we recommend installing the 7.5.6 Build 125 and 8.1.2 Build 105 versions from here (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....10-Pre-release). The version 8 software also includes the 2.06.35 firmware which you must also upgrade to.

Also, is it a DSP or stock calibration you are working with?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Locking 06+ ECM's is not done via the normal locking method.
    Instead you need to look in the "Engine Operation" section in the folder "Operating System Patches". In there is a calibration {B9901}, change that to applied then FULL flash the ECM.
    Even after this the ECM will show as 'not locked' but reading will no longer work.

Cheers,
    Ross

P.S - Best to also update your software as Andrew suggested.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

ALSO! your V2 needs to be plugged into the computer before opening your tune file, or else the red "Op Sys Patches" folder will not be available.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

i updated to the latest versions but my firmware never updated to the latest one. i installed the updates twice. even when i open the efi live HAPI it says its up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Can you please confirm the software and firmware versions you have installed? As the time of this post we recommend installing the 7.5.6 Build 125 and 8.1.2 Build 105 versions from here (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....10-Pre-release). The version 8 software also includes the 2.06.35 firmware which you must also upgrade to.

Also, is it a DSP or stock calibration you are working with?

so when i use this meathod will i be able to use a selected key? will i be able to perform a quick flash or will i have to run a full reflash everytime as long as its locked?

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Locking 06+ ECM's is not done via the normal locking method.
    Instead you need to look in the "Engine Operation" section in the folder "Operating System Patches". In there is a calibration {B9901}, change that to applied then FULL flash the ECM.
    Even after this the ECM will show as 'not locked' but reading will no longer work.

Cheers,
    Ross

P.S - Best to also update your software as Andrew suggested.

I dont have a folder in ther that says "os patches". Help

It is a dsp5 os im working with. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tordne View Post
    can you please confirm the software and firmware versions you have installed? As the time of this post we recommend installing the 7.5.6 build 125 and 8.1.2 build 105 versions from here (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....10-pre-release). The version 8 software also includes the 2.06.35 firmware which you must also upgrade to.

Also, is it a dsp or stock calibration you are working with?

If your 2.06.35 firmware is not dated 30 July (there were numerous versions of 2.06.35 during beta) then you can update to that version by using the firmware tab of EFILive Explorer.

As 'bballer182' mentioned you need to have your FlashScan v2 connected to your PC before starting the Tune Tool application or these section is not shown. It is under the 'Engine Operating' section.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Also another little hint. DSP OS's for the bosch ECM's ('06+) are not readable from the ECM anyways. The ECM's are automatically locked when flashed with a DSP OS, because part of the OS is stored in an extended section of the ECM that is not readable so if it was downloaded from the ECM you would only get part of the OS and and have a corrupt file. Which, is why you may not be able to see the OS patches folder in a DSP tune file. Try it on a stock OS.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast