Thread: Difference between (A) and (B) timing correction tables (LBZ ONLY)

Lifetime Member

Default Difference between (A) and (B) timing correction tables (LBZ ONLY)

Anyone know what the difference is between tables B0970 & B0972? And the same for B1204 & B1205

The data is completely different between the A's and the B's. If would appear that the ECM would pick a table based on a "mode" that the truck is in but what is the deciding factor? The table descriptions in the tune tool are exactly the same between the A's and B's.

Ross?.. Anyone?..
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

bump.

Anyone?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

From memory it was to do with when pilot injections were active or not, you observation is correct, the descriptions should not be the same.
    I'll suggest that B0970 is when there is not pilots, B0972 is with pilot 1 only.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

OK that sounds reasonable. What about B1204 and B1205. those (A) and (B) are in the pilot #1 timing table folder? They wouldn't have a pilot timing table for when pilot #1 is not active, right? Or is that another Boschism?

Can I claim I don't know for now
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I'll allow it...

Lifetime Member

I know, I know... thread from the dead right?

Updated speculation...
    B0970 is when there is not pilots,
    B0972 is with pilot 1 only

B1204 is with pilot #2
    B1205 is with pilot #3
    same for the corresponding multiplier tables...

I know this probably won't get much attention with OTHER (cough cough cummins cough) things going on right now. Updated descriptions would be nice. I just had another guy ask me if these descriptions were fixed and what the real function of these tables were.

Have you seen a P2 or P3 pulse?

I can't help much, but I could not come up with any condition where I would want to see timing retarded with increasing elevation. That doesn't mean much though.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

Haven't actually logged the time of the events but using MAINTSEL_M in BBL i have noticed that on some occasions there is another even active other than the main and pilot #1, even with all tables zeroed out to "shut them off". So to remedy the situation i used the MAX injection table to limit them to the main and pilot #1.