Thread: Can't get stock tune downloaded on laptop

Default Can't get stock tune downloaded on laptop

So i've tried a variety of ways. I've done it w/out pulling fuses w/ and w/out the keys button clicked and ive done it with every variation of pulling the radio and info fuse. If i pull the info fuse and leave the radio fuse in it will start the download and get stuck somewhere between 5k and 51k. At any time if the radio fuse is pulled the laptop wont even make it through the status check. I've also checked to make sure i didn't have any blown fuses so I not in a very pleasant mood right now because I can't get this damn thing to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My truck is a late model '04 with an aftermarket stereo, but i have the wiring chime harness thing.

Thanks,
    Brett
    Last edited by Devil_Z; June 1st, 2010 at 11:14 PM.

LLY's are the worst, keep trying, make sure the doors are closed all the lights are off, anything that communicates will disrupt it. Try restarting the laptop, open EFI, then plug it in, the open the file. I have had these issues before also. Check to make sure no one has used the OBDII port to jump power for anything, I have been trying a truck that has a Compu car alarm, they used the OBD port for power it wasn't cooperating with me either.

Good luck.
    2001 Chevrolet K2500HD Duramax
    Suncoast SCIV 1056
    Kennedy twin lift pumps
    Billet pick up
    MBRP 4" exhaust
    Air intake horn mod
    ARP head studs
    A few more go fast/truck pulling goodies!
    Tuned with EFI
    12.65 @ 107 1.71 60'

Well the truck was a work truck so its barebones. Only thing is I have an aftermarket stereo, but i even tried taking out the head unit and its still not working. The computer has been on/off multiple times. One of the cig lighters doesn't work but the fuse is just fine. So I can't really think of anything else at this point. Starting to get extremely frustrating.

Lifetime Member

Pull all radio related fuses, aftermarket radios and adapters are HORRIBLE at following the proper bus comm protocol for shutting communication off (read, they dont at all and stay active when they shouldnt).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.