Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tuning support for Grand Prix GTP?

Still nothing on being able to tune the 04 GTP supercharged ?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by M2wcustoms View Post
    Still nothing on being able to tune the 04 GTP supercharged ?
    The quote from 2010 was pretty much a giveaway.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Correct, there are no plans to add support for those controllers at this time.
    Followed by the quote suggesting other products for those interested in tuning them 2011....

We still have no plans to offer support.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    Well I thought I would generate interest instead I generated "support will NEVER be offered"

Very sadly so. Maybe we could get a poll going. With enough support I would hope EFI Live would surly reconsider the current position. I know of many people modding these cheaper 3.8 engines. Safe to say these 3800`s are modded more now than the Duramax`s ever have been.

Since diesel tuning here in the US is on a downward spiral maybe that's enough to get the legendary 3800 back on track for tuning support. I would be very surprised if even so-so tuning support was released and any less than thousands of licenses were sold within the first year.

Anything good is worth waiting for. If EFI Live was not a superior product no one would care nearly as much about support for these older PCM`s. I cant imagine there is more modding going on for newer more expensive platforms vs the older more economical and very common 3800 market.

The 3800 will never go away and always be a great market! Just like all the 96-2000 Vortec trucks! EFI Live missed the boat on both and still is. There's will always be more sales available on both of those then all the diesels.

I don't understand where EFI Live get's it figures from? But it's not real world...

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by larski156 View Post
    Very sadly so. Maybe we could get a poll going. With enough support I would hope EFI Live would surly reconsider the current position. I know of many people modding these cheaper 3.8 engines. Safe to say these 3800`s are modded more now than the Duramax`s ever have been.

Since diesel tuning here in the US is on a downward spiral maybe that's enough to get the legendary 3800 back on track for tuning support. I would be very surprised if even so-so tuning support was released and any less than thousands of licenses were sold within the first year.

Anything good is worth waiting for. If EFI Live was not a superior product no one would care nearly as much about support for these older PCM`s. I cant imagine there is more modding going on for newer more expensive platforms vs the older more economical and very common 3800 market.
    I don't want to dishearten you, but a poll at a static point of time won't be good enough. The lack of consistent, regular and unique emails requesting support is what drives development and your platform wouldn't even be in the top 10 requests.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I've said this before about the Vortec truck engine. The internet has told everyone that EFI Live does not support 96-97 and doubt they would even consider supporting a one year PCM. But they also know the support for 98-00 is very limited so no one emails you. If 98-00 support was anywhere near LS1 level? The swap from a 96-97 to 98-00 PCM is easy so you get the whole group.

Same for the 3800 crowd! Internet has already provided the information, no one is going to email you!

Please take this as positive feedback to your thought process.

How about if I gave you a calibration document for early 3800 with everything needed? Would you be interested? I think I read you have some time and bootloader done?

Same for the 98-00 Vortec truck, although not a complete document, I've found all we needed and with your experience, compared to mine, should be easy to find what's left.

Since diesel tuning here in the US is on a downward spiral
    Really? Not sure how you have come to that conclusion.

I would be very surprised if even so-so tuning support was released and any less than thousands of licenses were sold within the first year.
    We aren't about to disclose any sales figures in a public forum, but if that is your guess then it is a LONG way behind the Diesel market. Heck, even the EFILive Diesel users tell us we should be doing the PowerStroke, not Duramax and Cummins, so apparently we aren't even in the biggest Diesel market.
    I'm not saying that your 3.8L license sales prediction is anything to be sneezed at (though I am not sure about the number), it's just not a 'drop everything else' temptation at the moment.

That is a compliment and is appreciated and honestly I have nothing against the 3800 motor, I wish GM still put them in their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    There's will always be more sales available on both of those then all the diesels.
    I'm sorry Mark, but that is delusional and I would not even know where to begin to prove that to you.

How about if I gave you a calibration document for early 3800 with everything needed? Would you be interested?
    That isn't the issue, the issue is my white board full of projects that we know are a guaranteed winner, guaranteed!

I think I read you have some time and bootloader done?
    I have no time, none! If I was sitting around with nothing to do I would do the 3800, but that isn't the case.

Well that's all fair!

Except the delusional part? Come on, that was a cheap shot and not called for. If you saw my sales for the year and understood a few more things about new and older car as in new and second owner you would understand. I'd be glad to talk to you about someday. But your clearly booked with projects and it would not help at this time.

I was not having a cheap shot or trying to insult you, I was once on your side of the fence too, I've seen both sides and our business choices are made by actual demand, not assumed. I believe the Toyota Corolla is the highest selling vehicle in the world, yet I don't think there a tuner out there for them. Just about every Diesel truck on the road has been modified, so whilst GM made a bunch of 3.1L to 3.8L motors over the years I don't think Grandpa's Oldsmobile Intrigue is about to hit the strip.
    At this point I think it is best just to say that we are not currently working on them, if you need to tune them then TunerCat is a good option, but one day it might all happen with EFILive, I didn't write those read and flash routines to kill some time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123