I apologize ahead of time as I am inexperienced in the tuning world. In fact I have not tuned a car (yet). I am stubborn and will teach my self how to do so by countless hours of reading and question asking. I have done much reading on the forum and books I have purchased and developed a few questions. Some of the questions pertain to LSx motors. So please reply only if you have something productive to offer to this thread. I thank you for your help.

1.) The basis of tuning is to make the engine breath more efficient? The better the burn, the better the explosion, the better the cylinder pressure?

2.) Is there a general table or map you create when tuning and the software automatically adjusts and creates a new map?

3.) In the Corvette, the MAF is directly after the large airbox. The MAF has a straight through design with no honey comb. Does this negatively effect MAF output? Is it beneficial to move it upstream?

4.) Can you disable CAGS and enable fans to come on at earlier temps with EFI Live?

5.) The addition of Headers is rumored to cause a lean mixture. Why is that? What would one do to correct that?

6.) What does the addition of a higher flowing CAI set-up do to the mixture?

7.) Why can't the stock PCM tune compensate effectively for such mods?

Sorry for all the questions. They are probably simple I just need to cover the basics before I can get more technical. Again thanks for the help.