Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Some Questions on Tuning, mostly LSX...Please be nice and helpful.

Default thanks!!

My personal experience with big tuners is that sometimes they try to be a little secretive to protect their knowledge. The fact is, information is power and if you give it away you will be replaced and not needed. However, I can apply this more as a mechanic. Parts changing and factory vehicle diagnosis is a limited knowledge ( I can say this because I turn wrenches for a living and even though one never stops learning, compared to tuning is is minuscule - you will not find many brutes with barely any communication skills making a living tuning...)
    However, in my opinion a real good tuner has absolutely no need to hide any info. If you are on to anything more that basics easy to stumble across on the Internet, chances are you are so far ahead and constantly evolving that it is not possible to keep up with you. Having access to info is NOT the only thing needed, you must have a certain type of mind and background, which many of us do not possess. In your own words, there are no magic numbers or procedures. This could explain why this forum is so friendly and helpful. I could barely achieve anything without constant help and have no hope what so ever for my dream future tuning career without a billion zillion trillion "bra-zillion" more help posts. Just my two cents... Thanks again all!
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

I find that 99% of the time, it is questions on this forum that motivates me to learn more. I hate not knowing something & will research & test to the best of my ability to try to find an answer. But with tuning, as we all know there is a steep learning curve & I have a long way to go yet.
    There is a running joke here at work that I owe a carton of beer if I use the words "I dont know" more than once a month.(My normal job as a Heavy plant & trailer mechanic & parts sales). I have had to buy a few though.
    The Tremor at AIR

Default Monty Python Quote

And now for something completely different !
    Reading through this post , made me hurt my side , so hilarious , need a pair waders .
    If anyone has read this far , it is okay to ask a question however you wish , there is no predetermined rules for posting , or at least there should not be , so have fun/learn and ask however you wish .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345