Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Filter Minder countdown strangeness

Default Fuel Filter Minder countdown strangeness

The Fuel Filte rminder is counting down at a rate of about 1% every 1/10th mile.... Anyone ever seen this happen? The relevant table in the tune is stock....

Lifetime Member

sounds like you get about 10 miles out of a fuel filter... that's gunna be spendy in the long run, maybe you should have bought a ford

J/k

That's really odd, and the minder table in the tune is stock? super weird! What about the FPR flow rate tables? stock?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Yeah, all stock. Only things I've changed is killed the IAH & EGR DTC's, vane tables to give it the "rumble" idle & turbo brake, and speedometer tables to correct the speedometer for my 265's.

Lifetime Member

just for shits and gigs, what if you change the speedo tables back to stock? whats the IAH?

I assume this is your LBZ?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    just for shits and gigs, what if you change the speedo tables back to stock? whats the IAH?

I assume this is your LBZ?
    I guess I could try setting the spedo to stock.... IAH is Intake Air Heater.

Yep, this is my 04 LBZ .

Lifetime Member

Oh yeah the LLZ. i think that might be part of the problem too!

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    Oh yeah the LLZ. i think that might be part of the problem too!
    Well, in theory, it shouldn't be since the FF minder is controlled by the ECM, and I have all LBZ stuff under the hood....

Well, I don't think that the LBZ swap is the issue... I swapped in another ECM and reset the FF minder, and it dropped to 99% somewhat quick, but in the 1 or 2 miles I drove it, didn't go any lower.... I'll drive it a bit more to confirm....

Edit: Now I'm pretty sure it's something in the ECM. I just put about 20 miles on it with the second ECM and it hasn't left 99%... Anyone have any thoughts? Could it be some remnant left over from the flashes with the APP voltages changed that borked the ECM?
    Last edited by Cougar281; June 4th, 2010 at 07:19 AM.

Lifetime Member

have you full flashed back to 100% stock the first ECM to see if that fixes it?

Not yet.... That next tonight (Assuming the ECM survived it's fall.... TTM... Don't ask).... After the last few FUBARs I only did cal flashes which fixed the ECM and got it working... maybe something's still borked in there...
    Last edited by Cougar281; June 4th, 2010 at 01:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast