Thread: Is something wrong with speedometer parameters or me ???

Default Is something wrong with speedometer parameters or me ???

I am trying to use the speedometer parameter page to change the rear ratio on a '98 Firebird from 2.73 to 3.23. I get N/A for current diff. and current tire. When I put in the tire size (245/50x16) and the new gear ratio (3.23) and push the recalculate button, it tells me the new calculated values and the transmission shift point adjustment (-12.87%), but when I click on the Adjust button no shift tables are displayed. Am I doing this correctly or did I miss something ? Also if I put in the current tire size and 2.73 rear (currently in car) the calculation tells me the transmission needs 3.9% adjust. and H0101 & H0104 change. I am using the latest public release of 7.3.0 updated Nov. 22, 2005.

I had the same problem, Email me and ill send you the file that is needed for it to show up correctly. jessebubb@yahoo.com

Paul knows about the issue.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

For some (as yet) unknown reason the installer is sometimes not installing the file: \My Documents\EFILive\V7\cal_adjust.txt. That file contains the list of transmission calibrations that need to be updated when you change speedo settings.
    If the file exists, delete it and re-run the installer and select [Repair] to cause that file to be installed correctly.

As for the 3.9%, that will be due to: the inaccurate nature of calculating the tire diameter and the conservative factory settings.
    The tire calculator is really only to get you close to the right settings, you'll need a bit of trial and error to get it perfect - or a dyno or a gps unit.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

That fixed it. Thanks

I have the same problem here, but only on 98's. I just noticed it. Also, my file is located in \My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration. The repair didn't work. Can we not see the diff. for 98's?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by black02ss
    I have the same problem here, but only on 98's. I just noticed it. Also, my file is located in \My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration. The repair didn't work. Can we not see the diff. for 98's?
    Thanks for the correction on the folder name - I will edit my original post.

The 98's do not store diff information so no you can't see it. EFILive "guesstimates" it based on other parameters.

The diff is not used, even in the 99+, PCMs except to compute axle torque from engine torque for torque management. The diff is not used to control the shift points or the speedo.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.