Thread: HAPI error, Access violation at adress 005A56B4 in modul EFILive_Hapi.exe.

Default HAPI error, Access violation at adress 005A56B4 in modul EFILive_Hapi.exe.

I have uninstalled my old V7.5 and V8.1 and then installed the latest version (7.5.6 build 117) and
    (8.1.2 build 97). I can run the V7.5 Scan and the Tune program. It is possible to start the V8.1 but when I close the V8.1 (BBX) I get an error and I have to quit the program via Windows task manager (HAPI.exe). This is the error "Access violation at adress 005A56B4 in modul EFILive_Hapi.exe. Read of adress 00000044."

Does some one know how I can solve this problem / Magnus

Ps. V8.1 and blackbox scanning did work before I installed the new version. ds
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HAPI.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	8177  

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

What happens if/when you start EFILive_Hapi from the Start menu prior to starting EFILive_Scan&Tune?
    What happens if you start EFILive_Hapi from the Start menu and then Exit EFILive_Hapi without starting EFILive_Scan&Tune - does it still fault?
    Also verify that the version of EFILive_Hapi.exe is V8.1.2.97 in the "F11 About" option (just in case it was not correctly updated/installed during the install).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

The following was from customer by inadvertent email reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Air IV
    Hi Paul !

If I started EFILive_Hapi from the Start menu prior to starting EFILive_Scan&Tune and I don´t get the error.

If I started EFILive_Hapi from the Start menu and then Exit EFILive_Hapi without starting EFILive_Scan&Tune and I don’t get the error.

I have verified that I have V8.1.2.97

Do you have any idea what could be wrong ?

Regards / Magnus
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

What I am perhaps suspecting is that there is more than one version of EFILive_Hapi on your machine. Can you check under the 'C:\Program Files\EFILive' folder for multiple copies of EFILive_Hapi.exe? I recall originally that the version 8 software may have been installed in a V8.1 folder, whereas the current version is simply in a V8 folder.

I have seen an incidence recently where a customer had a shortcut for EFILive Explorer on their desktop which was for an older version (EFILive Explorer is no longer placed on the desktop by the installation). Removing or recreating the shortcut caused the correct EFILive_Hapi to be invoked.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I have searched and I can´t find more than one EFILive_HAPI.exe on my computer. The shorthcut for the EFILiveExplorer is still present on the desktop and it pointing on the V8 folder (Program/EFILive/V8/EFILive_Explore.exe). If I start the EFILive_HAPI.exe before I do anything it will not crash but if i don´t it will crash when I quit Scan&Tune or EFILiveExplorer. I have now added the EFILive_HAPI.exe to the autostart folder as an walk a round. Any clue? / Magnus

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    What I am perhaps suspecting is that there is more than one version of EFILive_Hapi on your machine. Can you check under the 'C:\Program Files\EFILive' folder for multiple copies of EFILive_Hapi.exe? I recall originally that the version 8 software may have been installed in a V8.1 folder, whereas the current version is simply in a V8 folder.

I have seen an incidence recently where a customer had a shortcut for EFILive Explorer on their desktop which was for an older version (EFILive Explorer is no longer placed on the desktop by the installation). Removing or recreating the shortcut caused the correct EFILive_Hapi to be invoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Air IV View Post
    I have searched and I can´t find more than one EFILive_HAPI.exe on my computer. The shorthcut for the EFILiveExplorer is still present on the desktop and it pointing on the V8 folder (Program/EFILive/V8/EFILive_Explore.exe). If I start the EFILive_HAPI.exe before I do anything it will not crash but if i don´t it will crash when I quit Scan&Tune or EFILiveExplorer. I have now added the EFILive_HAPI.exe to the autostart folder as an walk a round. Any clue? / Magnus
    Do like Tordne is saying , delete the EFILive_HAPI.exe from the desktop and go to the "C:\Program Files\EFILive" folder and right click on the EFILive_HAPI.exe there and set as desktop shortcut , which will recreate the Desktop Shortcut again and try and see what happens .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

It really does feel like there are different Hapi versions there somewhere.

Ram Air IV: Just sent you an email as well...
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Air IV View Post
    The EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe and EFILive_Explorer.exe programs attempt to start up an instance of EFILive_HAPI.exe (if it is not already running) the first time that a connection to FlashScan or AutoCal is required. The EFILive_HAPI.exe that gets started is always in the same folder as the *.exe that invokes it. So check what folder the EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe or EFILive_Explorer.exe are in and make sure the EFILive_HAPI.exe in that same folder is the correct version.

Check the shortcuts for each EFILive program, to see which folder the *.exe's are in.
    Check the versions of the *.exe files by right clicking on them and selecting Properties.

Regards
    Paul

Another thing to try is to delete all the V8 EFILive *.exe's (or even delete the entire \Program Files\EFILive\V8 folder) and then re-run the installer and select the "Repair" option.

I recommend downloading the latest V8 installer from our web site here:
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133

Regards
    Paul