Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CVN checks

Question CVN checks

I actually searched but struck out swinging...

So, I tune and change every table and value in the ECM. I decide that might not be my fix so I put the stock tune (I downloaded and saved this prior to my tuning binge) back in the ECM. Can GM detect the fact that I have tuned the car and really just snuck the original tune back into the ECM via any means at their disposal?

Actually, I did tune the car. I killed CAGS. I decided to put it back to "stock" and reloaded the original tune. Have I destroyed my extended power train warranty upon discovery by GM of my horrid past tune?

Elmer
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

Did I ask the question too vague to answer? HPTuners says it goes back to pure stock. DiabloSport dudes say they go back to pure stock. I'm guessing that this program does the same but I want an direct confirmed answer from the brain tryst here.

Elmer

Lifetime Member

Assuming you are talking about your 07 C6 then if the CVN's are the same as original that has been typically what a GM dealer checks via Tech II. And maybe even EPA via Mode 6(?) OBDII.

If you change your tune from stock and then put the parameters back to stock it normally will have the original CVN as the values are identical which means the same CVN is calculated by EFILive (and HPT I would guess too) and flashed in.

That's what I needed to know. Too much is being made about the big GM crackdown on tunes and warranty. I plan on sitting as is until I lose my extended warranty so I should be good and "stock" until then.

Thanks,

Elmer

The Bosch ECM in the LMM Diesel can still inform GM when it's been previously tuned and returned to stock, as far as we know it's the only ECM that does this.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I understand that the 2010 Camaro has "history" too.

Elmer
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl View Post
    I understand that the 2010 Camaro has "history" too.

Elmer
    My friend has a 2009 Corvette and we were wondering if it (ECM & TCM) has "history" also.

Get a GM dealer tech to show you on the TechII, then you will have the answer.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Technically the 2010 Camaro is not supported by the Tech2! GM uses the MDI along with the TIS software GDS to communicate with the Camaro. It is possible to build a G8 and scan some modules of the 2010 Camaro. This is the current work-around to check the CVN's on the Camaro.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl View Post
    Technically the 2010 Camaro is not supported by the Tech2! GM uses the MDI along with the TIS software GDS to communicate with the Camaro. It is possible to build a G8 and scan some modules of the 2010 Camaro. This is the current work-around to check the CVN's on the Camaro.
    Al
    ??? Why in the heck GM? No clue, this makes absolutely no sense at all. So weird, at least to me.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast