Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Info on New LML engines for 2011

At this point I would say to anyone wanting to buy an LML expecting to modify it like the LMM then think twice.
    The EDC17 (which is what this computer is based on) has been causing no end of troubles for European tuners for several years now, some still cannot be tuned 2 years on. To me it seems the EDC17 was designed around stopping anyone tuning them, all the tricks of the trade no longer work.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Do you know an engineer inside that you can bribe?
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Are you serious killerbee?
    We figured out the new seed/key algo they are using on this ECM pretty fast, but there is problems beyond unlocking the ECM to get access to do much more. I won't elaborate because this is a public forum and everyone will be having the same problem we ran in to. It's the exact same security measures that have been implemented on the European EDC17's for a while that cannot be bypassed.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Are you serious killerbee?
    You are so easy to rattle.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

At this point I would say to anyone wanting to buy an LML expecting to modify it like the LMM then think twice.
    The EDC17 (which is what this computer is based on) has been causing no end of troubles for European tuners for several years now, some still cannot be tuned 2 years on. To me it seems the EDC17 was designed around stopping anyone tuning them, all the tricks of the trade no longer work.
    Would it be possible to data log any of the GM defined PIDs that are set up in V8 for BBL?
    You and Paul have a good list started. LML_PIDs txt.

It would be nice to have the V2 connected and data log and look at the V2 screen and see your Boost, Speed, Flow rate, Timing and so on..

Then when Read/Flash capability comes, That's a bonus!
    2011 LML 3500HD CC D/A 4x4
    2006 LBZ 3500 CC D/A 4x4 Sold
    2001 LB7 2500HD D/A 4x4 Sold

Lifetime Member

I remember when you guys said you wouldn't do any tuning for the LBZ either. If anyone can get it done, I know you guys will.

Quote Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post
    Can we grab the stock file from TIS somehow instead of reading off the ECM?

Nick
    The problem with that Nick is the files 'off' TIS are not plain old files that can be flashed in to the ECM, it would take some messing around to make them in to something EFILive can use, given that, how would GM feel about distributing their TIS files?
    I guess what I am trying to say is if it comes to that then pity GM, because nobody will bother tuning the LML, we'll all move on to something more tuning friendly.

Lifetime Member

What is a TIS? Sorry :(
    2007.5 RCLB 4x4 WT LMM 8594OS

TIS (actually TIS2WEB) is the on-line programming system provided by GM, available to anyone for about $1K per year subscription.
    It's designed so anyone can reflash controllers with the factory updates aside from dealers, you also need a TechII or Mongoose cable.

The link below shows what the Europeans will be doing for 'some' EDC17's, some of the newer ones cannot even by programmed using this pull it apart method.
    http://www.cmdtec.it/prod_bootMEDC17.asp
    Or maybe THIS article as well.

And if you think getting these ECM's apart is just a matter of removing a few screws, no sir, the case is weather sealed and is a real nightmare to pull apart.
    Last edited by GMPX; November 14th, 2010 at 12:19 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast