Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Info on New LML engines for 2011

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I will say good on BullyDog for making it happen and giving LML owners a chance to get a tune. I also feel GM are going to want to know how the ECM was hacked so fast (when Bosch probably told them it couldn't be) and the EPA will then be asking GM why there is videos on YouTube of LML's blowing soot out the exhaust when they supposedly can't be tuned.
    You know it seems to me that someone broke through Microsofts Firewall a number of years ago and saposedly that was impossible. The Titanic wasn't sapose to sink either..... EFI Live wasn't going to support LBZs etc etc. Things change. In a world of performance enthusiasts, I doubt these trucks will ever be unhackable. If it does get to that point there will be a growing number of companies with Edge style boxes or Zeus style ecm's.

Our government is full of a bunch of ignorant politicans looking for a way to line their pockets with money. In the mean time they just keep kicking the can.
    2007.5 RCLB 4x4 WT LMM 8594OS

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I will say good on BullyDog for making it happen and giving LML owners a chance to get a tune. I also feel GM are going to want to know how the ECM was hacked so fast (when Bosch probably told them it couldn't be)
    As soon as the BullyDog is all finalized and released, I bet their first customer will be GM powertrain. Just like the first customer of the Suncoast 6-speed conversion kit was Allison.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    As soon as the BullyDog is all finalized and released, I bet their first customer will be GM powertrain. Just like the first customer of the Suncoast 6-speed conversion kit was Allison.
    Did that really count as a customer?
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Did that really count as a customer?
    Technically no...because all allison was doing was buying something back that was already theirs to begin with!
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Any updates?

Nothing has changed with respect to the LML ECM controller. It is simply not able to be read, therefore it is not able to be supported unfortunately. Additionally, we are on the verge of the first Cummins product release so understandably we are focused on that right now.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

How close are we to Cummins support DDDD????

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Nothing has changed with respect to the LML ECM controller. It is simply not able to be read, therefore it is not able to be supported unfortunately. Additionally, we are on the verge of the first Cummins product release so understandably we are focused on that right now.
    So, looks as if EFILive will never support this then? If so please advise, me and MANY others can't wait around for the LML support. I would like to buy something like a H&S Tuner since I'm driving stock truck if so. Thanks!
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML 4x4 LTZ-Black
    -H&S Mini Maxx | MBRP 5" w/Muffler | 4" Rancho Lift | BMF REPR 20x9 DM | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's 35/12.50's.

2012 VW Jetta TDI - Daily Driver.

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

As per the many other posts the issue is not one of apathy or not wanting to support the LML. It is simply that the Bosch ECM has been secured and is not able to be read. Without being able to read the existing calibration it is not possible to extract the calibration to which you would apply your alterations to flash back.

We are aware that there are products that support the LML presently. We believe and expect that these products are using a method which is in violation of GM terms and conditions and we are simply not going there.

If at some stage it becomes apparent how the ECM can be read without violating these conditions then it is more then likely that we will jump to add support for the LML.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

"We believe and expect that these products are using a method which is in violation of GM terms and conditions and we are simply not going there."

What terms and conditions are they violating? Just curious as to what they do vs what EFI does?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast