Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N/A and Nitrous log

Default N/A and Nitrous log

Well i finally got to get a good WOT log for n/a and i finished up my nitrous system so i decided to test it out on the same log.

its only a 75 shot but it pulls real hard.....i really need a convertor.

Seems its shifting wherever it feels like. I have the 1->2 @ 6300 and the 2->3 @ 6300 but it looks like it shifted 1->2 @ 5962 and 2->3 @ 6197 on motor. And 1->2 @ 6434 2->3 @ 6194 on nitrous.

AFR is staying right at 12.7-12.9 on my wideband (havnt pluged my lc1 up to program analog out 2 yet for logging).

Getting close to maxing injectors out, right at 90% Injector duty cycle. In some logs ive seen as high as 96. i have a walbro 255 so feeding the wet shot isnt a issue, it seems duty cycle is lower on nitrous. I guess because the nitrous is adding fuel also so injectors arnt feeding as much?

Im loving EFI Live....i need to do some serious reading and learning though. Im thinking about getting the Greg Banish dvd.

Ill have 1/4 mile times saturday night!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I would have thought 12.7 while on the gas is too lean. I try to hit in the high 11,s low 12's for a 75 shot.
    I should also have some gas times this weekend for my new combo. It is only a street meet though so track prep will be minimal.(120+ mph sideways action.
    The Tremor at AIR

honestly i think i glanced at the wideband once while spraying and it might have been at 12.3. I trying to watch my rpms and see if i got KR.

N/a is a constant 12.7-12.9 though

Lifetime Member

Hello there fellow PT.net trucker. I would like to suggest a few things. Lower your WOT shift requirement to 90% throttle instead of 96% is stock I think. This will help make sure you are hitting WOT shift tables and not part throttle shifts. Also add some torque management back in helped my trans shift as I was commanding it and did not slow me down at the track. What plugs are you using? What other mods are in place? What jets and nozzle are you useing( most kits run richer) Oh yeah, get a serial cable for your wideband, its SOOOO worth it.
    Wecome to the EFIlive!
    Last edited by Slowrc; June 25th, 2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: 1 more question
    00 GMC,LQ4, Jarrett Faggart pistons, callies rods, Ebay studs, LS9 gaskets, 317's, KBRacing KIT, PT76/75, treadstone intercooler,Eboost2, dual walbro, FIC 75lb, br7ef, Trutrac, Shaftmasters Shaft, 3.5" DP w/4" magnaflow dumped, turbo blanket, Circle D 3200, Jake's built 4l80w/brake, hydroboost, EFILive v2,Lunati dual springs,222/226 cam, cal-tracs, QA1 front shocks, Street/strip Bogarts,Drum swap, Alky-control,MSD8733 936 HP to the tire DD.

i have a few percent of TM in now.

im running TR6 plugs gapped at .037

i have long tubes, vette servo, e fans, 4.11s, tru trac and of course tuned
    im using nitrous outlet big noids and a harris speed works plate with 75 shot jets.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    I would have thought 12.7 while on the gas is too lean. I try to hit in the high 11,s low 12's for a 75 shot.
    I should also have some gas times this weekend for my new combo. It is only a street meet though so track prep will be minimal.(120+ mph sideways action.
    You have nice numbers for only a 100 shot.

I'm looking at running a 50-75 shot on my turbo setup, what AFR would you recomend ?
    was thinking of sticking with mid to low 11 afr
    Back yard boost
    347+ T76 = 770 rwhp 10.96 @ 135 mph

well AFR on spray is at 12.2 i watched it this weekend when i made a few passes, didnt get to log though

Quote Originally Posted by johnv View Post
    You have nice numbers for only a 100 shot.

I'm looking at running a 50-75 shot on my turbo setup, what AFR would you recomend ?
    was thinking of sticking with mid to low 11 afr
    Nitrous for antilag, Nice.
    Will you still be spraying under boost or just using the nitrous to get her up there?

My weekend was a bit disappointing with a best of 11.565@ 122mph. Not sure on the shot hp size as I was just upping the jets for 125mph. I didnt have any matching jets over 35 so I ended up staying there.
    I have gone faster in the first 1/8th N/A so track prep was obviously most of the issue. Unfortunately I had four passes in a row where as soon as I got back from one run I was straight in to the next. During this time the cable came out of my V2 & the logs were lost.(We need a much better connector here)
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    During this time the cable came out of my V2 & the logs were lost.(We need a much better connector here)
    Try Super Glue , JB Weld , or Plastic Fusion . JK
    Cable does come out easy though .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

How were your times Black'rado?
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast