Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP: I am lost !

Wouldn't hurt to have them cleaned and flow checked.
    Have you cleaned and verified the condition of the harness, pcm plugs, etc??
    Chuck L.
    CODY Motorsports
    Fuel Injector Service
    Madison, GA.
    706-342-3152
    770-265-5144 [C]

From your log, it's apparent that something is rotten in Denmark-- which isn't all that far from Germany. First issue-- O2 sensor voltage is consistently at zero. It should be around 450 mv which is bias voltage and start moving once the sensor warm up. Either the sensors are dead or they aren't wired correctly. Another question is how you're getting the long term fuel trims indicated when the O2 sensors consistently read zero. The PCM switches to closed loop at frame 220, fuel trims start to get reasonable around frame 340, yet O2 voltages never change. Also LTFT trim changes from excessively positive at the beginning of the log to excessively negative towards the end. Either some condition has changed, or the PCM is searching for a new starting point.

Second issue, MAP is way too high, which indicates a vacuum leak or improper cam phasing, or may be the result of your engine running on fewer than 8 cylinders. I think if you can be reasonably certain that all 8 injectors are firing and you can get the O2 sensors working, you'll be able to solve the rest of he issues.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Lightbulb

Yep! That's exactly what I thot!
    Lennart, Dave and I mess around w/ cars and EFILIVE. [we live close to 1 another.]
    He's outstanding in his field, and I'm just standing...
    Actually, I looked at that log, and sent it to Dave, as I was wondering about the sensors being "funky"..
    You mentioned that the timing chain was loose, like a 1/2" of slop. You also mentioned a noise. I'm wondering if that slop is enough to allow the chain to hit the cover, and possibly alter valve timing enought to cause a tune issue???
    I just went back and reread your first post.
    Are the O2 sensors the same sensors that were in the failed engine? If so, they may well be failed, [as Dave mentioned], due to contamination with hi oil useage. I don't know for sure if propane exposure would have had an effect.
    Is this engine in a vehicle it was in when you bought it, or is it a conversion into another chassis??
    Last edited by Chuck L.; June 13th, 2010 at 06:49 AM.
    Chuck L.
    CODY Motorsports
    Fuel Injector Service
    Madison, GA.
    706-342-3152
    770-265-5144 [C]

I reread the first post... I agree with ChuckL and dfe1... there's a lot of things going on.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I reread the first post... I agree with ChuckL and dfe1... there's a lot of things going on.
    It's obviously a case of lost bolts.
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1 View Post
    It's obviously a case of lost bolts.
    lol, I may expand into sorting lost nuts, washers, springs, checkballs also...

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    lol, I may expand into sorting lost nuts, washers, springs, checkballs also...
    Sounds like a noble occupation- especially if you include wingnuts. The world has been in need of a wingnut sorter for many years.
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Here is a log after I switched the O2s from left to right. From I can tell the O2s are working all right.
    Log_0009.efi

Screws are a good point, missing a few and have some left over, not knowing where they need to go still missing the one water passage blockoff, too.
    To answer a few questions:
    In my logs the HO2S11 and HO2S12 are not constantly at 0,0V but I did notice that it displays correctly on my netbook (which I used for the logs) with Build 110
    but is all 0,0V on my other computer with Build 117.
    The sensors are from the same engine that failed, but after switching them left to right both have proven to at least try to keep bank1 in CL.

In the meantime I also pulled the front cover of the second motor (57k miles) and the timing chain has a very similar slop as my motor, which is at 42k miles.
    The fact that the MAP is way too high leads me to believe that not all cylinders are filled
    properly i.e. valves not opening and/or closing as they should.

Here is a video I did last night with the valve cover off. At some point you can hear the
    ticking rather well. Also you can see that the motor is running anything but smooth.

http://chevytrucks.de/images/VIDEO0001.3gp

There is a small puddle of oil in the rocker arms, some have more others less.
    Since I have nothing as a reference I am not sure if this condition is OK or not.
    2005 RCSB 2500HD GMC Sierra DURAMAX LLY
    1955 Chevy Truck 1st series, being restored
    2002 Mercedes C270 CDI

Hi Chuck,
    I did check the wiring twice now as the LPG conversion was tapped into the harness and I had to solder everything back together.
    It was my first and obvious point to double check as it has been worked on previously.
    I am thinking of pulling a fuel rail with injectors from a known well running engine and try that.

Thanks,
    Lennart
    2005 RCSB 2500HD GMC Sierra DURAMAX LLY
    1955 Chevy Truck 1st series, being restored
    2002 Mercedes C270 CDI

Oil should be flowing up the pushrods and spilling onto the rockers... I did not see any signs of this in the video.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast